Chandler High Wolf Bytes
School of Champions
The CHS Marching Band won 1st place at the 2015 ASU Band Day Competition on Saturday. Additionally, the band received an invitation to play in the Fiesta Bowl Parade. Congratulations, Wolf Pack Marching Band!
chandler high IB
The IB Parent Booster group has provided $1080 in scholarship money to help IB seniors pay for their IB exams. Students participated in an essay contest, and seven IB students were awarded scholarships. Congratulations to the following CHS IB Seniors: Gwendolyn Bishop, Jetaun Booker, Tiffany Ma, Julie Thamby, Katherine Willes, Eric Le and Jordan Weidner.
- Freshman Girls Volleyball def. Casteel 2-0
- Badminton def. McClintock 8-1
- Badminton def. Tempe 9-0
this week's home events
- Tuesday, 10/20: Girls Volleyball vs Mountain Pointe: Freshman @ 4:00pm, JV @ 5:00pm, and Varsity @ 6:00pm
- Wednesday, 10/21: Badminton vs Corona del Sol @ 3:30 pm
- Thursday, 10/22: JV Football vs Brophy Prep @ 6:00 pm
Visit the CHS Calendar to view events being held during Intersession.
DRAMA DEPARTMENT’S HAUNTED HOUSE
On Friday, October 16th, CHS Drama students haunted approximately 250 students and community members at the highly successful haunted house held in the CTE building. Thanks to the actors, crew members, and Student Council for creating such a fun and spooky event.
IB IMMERSION CAMP
During fall break the IB program welcomed 23 8th grade students to an IB Immersion Camp. These students participated for three days and were exposed to interactive activities from IB World Language, IB Economics and IB English Literature classes. Many of our current IB students participated as volunteers at the camp and our IB teachers taught the lessons. What a great way to get our future Wolves ready for the challenges of the IB program!
FAMILY RESOURCE FAIR
The Chandler High School Counseling Department is pleased to offer an opportunity for parents to learn more about resources available through Chandler High School and the Chandler Unified School District.
- Find ways to help your student find a higher level of academic success in school
- Learn how to track your student’s progress towards graduation (Parent Portal)
- Meet our Social Worker and learn more about services and referrals
- Learn more about tutoring opportunities at CHS and in the community
- Learn more about medical, dental, nutrition, counseling and other services provided by the Chandler Care Center
Who: 9th and 10th grade students and their parent/guardian
When: Tuesday, October 27th from 5:30-6:30pm
Where: Chandler High School Media Center
dual enrollment presentation
Chandler-Gilbert Community College is hosting an Information Night on Tuesday, October 20th, at the Pecos and Gilbert campus for dual enrollment students and their parents.
- Students will receive their college photo ID
- Learn about university pathways and degrees/certificates
- Obtain information about financial aid and scholarships
- Explore college resources (career library, tutoring)
The Chandler Baseball Booster Club is hosting a Cornhole Tournament to be held on Saturday, October 24th at 12:00pm at Jimmy’s of Chicago in Gilbert to benefit CHS Baseball. View the Cornhole Tournament flyer for more information. Come out and have a great time!
CHS ALUMNI TAILGATE
The CHS Alumni Association is hosting a tailgate event before the CHS vs. HHS football game on October 30th, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
GIRLS SOCCER GOLF TOURNAMENT FUNDRAISER
The Girls Soccer Team is hosting a golf tournament fundraiser on December 6th at Ocotillo Country Club. View the golf registration form for more info and to sign up for our tournament. Registration will close in mid-November.
CUSD BOND FACTS: DID YOU KNOW?
The proposed $196 million bond proceeds would fund:
- Construction, acquisition, additions and/or improvements to new and existing schools -- $81.5 million
- Building renovations, security or site improvements to existing schools -- $53.8 million
- Heating, ventilation, and air condition -- $15 million
- Furniture, equipment, school furnishings, buses, and technology (computers, wireless, etc)-- $39 million
- Renovations to support facilities -- $4.7 million
- Technology, furniture and equipment for support facilities -- $2 million
For additional information, visit the district website.
career center news
COLLEGE PRESENTATIONS: Sign up in the Career Center
- Colorado Mesa University- Tuesday, 10/20 @ 8:30am
- Point Loma University- Tuesday, 10/20 @ 12:30pm
- Warner Pacific College (OR)- Wednesday, 10/21 @ 10:30am
- Notre Dame- Monday, 10/26 @ 9:45am
- U of A College of Engineering- Thursday, 10/29 @ 8:00am
New presentations are added daily. Visit the Career Center webpage to access the Career Center Calendar and other valuable info.