Bowman Eagle Gazette
July 13, 2020
A Note From Our Principal
We appreciate all of our families for your patience as we set out to plan for the upcoming school year. Right now we have created 3 plans-A, B, & C. Plan A would be us returning 100% to the school building. Plan B is a hybrid model. Students would be on campus two days a week and at home the other 3. Plan C is 100% virtual. Right now we have not determined which plan we'll go with. We're continuing to monitor the COVID pandemic, working with our local health department, our school board, and PLA to determine the best plan for our scholars.
Our first day of school is August 17, 2020. By the end of the month we will determine if we will start on campus or virtually. Below is the school calendar. Please note that the calendar is subject to change depending on COVID. Also below is the supply list. We encourage parents to have a set of materials at home and for school.
I thank you all for entrusting me as your leader and allowing me to serve the families of Thea Bowman Leadership Academy. Thank you for continuing to make us your school of choice.
2020-2021 School Calendar
*Please note this calendar is subject to change based on COVID*
School Supply Lists
Returning to Campus
- Daily temperature checks
- The wearing of masks by all staff and scholars
- Multiple entrances and exits for scholars
- Maintaining social distancing in classrooms, hallways, etc.
- Maintaining a 6 month supply of PPE materials
- Consistently cleaning all areas of the building throughout the school day
Please know the safety of our staff, scholars, and families is our top priority.
Saying Goodbye to our Elementary Campus
Sunday News at 7
- Athletes are dropped off for practice on time. Please do not drop them off early, time is allotted for checking in.
- Athletes are assessed prior to coming to practice for COVID symptoms. If students exhibit any symptoms, please keep them at home.
- Athletes have their masks, water, and, towels.
- All forms are completed and on file in the athletic office. Students will not be able to practice without the proper forms on file.