Connor Huggins - Page 6
Steps to Writing Electron Configuration
- Find the element you are looking for on the periodic table (for example Oxygen)
- Get the number of electrons in your element (Oxygen has 8)
- You can then use the Aufbau diagram to start writing your configuration
- Start at 1s on the diagram and every time you get to the end of a line follow the arrow back and then continue on that line.
- Keep doing this until the powers add up to your number of electrons.
Chemistry: How to Write Electron Configuration
How to Write the Orbital Notation for Iron - Mr. Causey's Chemistry