Between the Lines
A Newsletter for CHS Tennis Booster Club Members--05.06.19
There will be a MANDATORY PARENT MEETING for all parents of the 2019-2020 Tennis Team on Monday, May 13, 2019 @6pm!! Please make arrangements to be there!
The CHS Athletic Signing Celebration is on Wednesday, May 15th @8:15AM. It is a tremendous accomplishment for any athlete to continue on as an athlete at the collegiate level. Our own Suzuka Nishino will be playing tennis at UTD. All those who would like to support Suzuka and CHS Tennis should plan to be a part of this celebration! We would love to have a big crowd there to recognize Suzuka’s accomplishment.
Pictures taken at the banquet are now available on the share site.
Player Photo and Team Photos UPDATE: The pictures taken by Concept 7 in the fall are available to view and purchase. If you were unable to make your purchase with the representatives at the banquet on Friday, it's not too late! More information about this is included in the pdf at the bottom of the newsletter.
A HUGE thank you is in order for Kelley Parlier & Teri Pratt who have spent countless hours crafting the Coppell TENNIS BOOSTER WEBSITE, which is coppelltennis.net. There is link is at the bottom of this newsletter. Check it out!!!
SHUTTERFLY SHARE SITE is available to Tennis Boosters on the booster website!!! You can access the site in view mode by using the group password "gocowboys".
Please Attend Suzuka's Signing Ceremony On May 15, 2019
The gym will be open at 7:30 AM that day...the signing will start promptly at 8:15 AM. We want to make it a nice day for Suzuka and her family - it is such a special moment for her, and we are incredibly proud of her! We would love to have a big crowd there to recognize Suzuka’s accomplishment.
End-of-Year Awards Banquet
- Thank you to all those who helped make the End-of-Year Award Banquet a success! I think everyone had a wonderful evening. A special thanks to those who went above and beyond...
- Coach Foster - Thank you for the endless amount of time you put into making our CHS Tennis team the best it can be (District Champions!!!) not only in tennis, but also as good human beings.
- Rhonda - Thank you for working as Co-Chair of the banquet this year.
- Lorraine - Thank you for taking on the task of decorating, which requires a lot of time in preparation long before the night of the banquet and more time putting it all together on banquet day.
- Supriya - Thank you for volunteering your time as a professional Graphic Artist to create the amazing, professional invitations and programs, getting everything done under deadline pressure, and being so persistent with the printer.
- Kirthi - Thank you for the spectacular action shots of the seniors, making sure everyone had a picture, getting the "extra" pictures we asked of you, and putting it all together inside the frames so they could be beautifully displayed during our banquet.
- Anita - Thank you for deciding to try something new with the Photo Booth and getting that together for us.
- Analyn - Thank you for the beautiful flowers for the Senior moms, putting them in little vases so they can enjoy them longer, the preparation time this takes, and for putting them all together so beautifully!
- Paloma - Thank you for using your artistic talent in making our Tennis banner again this year.
- Kelley - Thank you for getting Concept 7 to the banquet so we could all order our tennis pictures in one place as well as all the other little extras you do to make everything run smoothly.
- Tushna - Thank you for helping Lorraine with getting the check in tables ready.
- Monica - Thank you for getting reminder after reminder after reminder out to the parents through your outstanding newsletter.
- Rhonda, Lorraine, Kelley, Martha & Paloma - Thank you for volunteering to assist with check in.
- Jan, Rhonda, Lorraine, Supriya, Monica, Kirthi, Kannan, Tammie, Tushna, Kelley, Stacy and Rajeev - Thank you all for coming to put everything together on banquet day so everyone else could walk in that evening and enjoy the amazing surroundings.
The biggest thank you goes to Jan Ciscowski for heading up this event! She did a wonderful job of keeping everything and everyone running on time and in an orderly fashion. She took on so much of the stress so that others did not have to. This list, alone, gives a small glimpse into how much work goes into planning and orchestrating such an event. Her talent in organizing everything and getting the best from everyone is truly remarkable. Her quiet authority, graciousness, and efforts are very much admired and appreciated.
What an amazing group of people you all are, and we are so thankful for each of you! Thank you for providing such a wonderful evening to our kids!
Banquet Award Recipients
- Freshman Team - Yesung Chae/ Tanya Sikka
- JV2 Team - Sid Palaniappan/ Teja Singavarapu
- JV1 Team - Samantha Freeman/ Jackson Benge
- Varsity - Reagan Stone/ Justin Bohn
- Freshman Team - Jonathan Keng/ Devika Kohli
- JV2 Team - Sanjay Chandramouli/ Casey Webb
- JV1 Team - Jaqueline Gamborino/ Leo Swaldi
- Varsity - Rifhat Sindhi/ Vinay Patel
- Freshman Team - Ryan Chen/ Mana Takikawa
- JV2 Team - Om Hirpara/ Anjali Gautam
- JV1 Team - Gabrielle Tian/ Lomash Sisodia
- Varsity - Rishita Uppuluri/Clark Parlier
- Freshman Team - Ryan Sim/ Nikshita Kurva
- JV2 Team - Rajiv Yalamanchili/ Aislynn Finnegan
- JV1 Team - Sonia Bhattacharyya/ Austin Gregory
- Varsity - Aishwarya Kannan/ Kunal Seetha
- Freshman Team - Joshua Thomas/ Uma Uppuloori
- JV2 Team - Rahul Malhotra/ Alex Cotton
- JV1 Team - Julianna Ciskowski/ Cason Cole
- Varsity - Suzuka Nishino/ Matthew Abbey
- JV Team - Juliana Ciskowski/ Cason Cole
- Varsity - Rishita Uppuluri/ Matthew Abbey
- JV Girls - Samantha Freeman/ Jackie Gamborino
- JV Boys - Siddarth Bellubbi/ Austin Gregory
- Varsity Girls - Suzuka Nishino/ Ruchika Khowala
- Varsity Boys - Justin Bohn/ Andreja Zrnic
Outstanding Mixed Doubles
- JV Team - Sanya Bhatt/ Rui Gong
- Varsity Team - Aishwarya Kannan/ Clark Parlier
- Suzuka Nishino
- Sydney Nguyen
- Nisha Ramesh
Topspin with Coach Foster
- “THANK YOU!” to all players/boosters for the awesome banquet!!
- Also, the video will be completed/corrected, and we will announce when it is available.
In the end, we were very pleased with the amount that was given to show appreciation for the time and dedication that the coaches put in on behalf of our team.
We were able to get Coach Landa AirPods, a gift card to Sonic, and a Gift card to the movies.
We were able to get Coach Foster a gift certificate to a Marriott hotel for he and his family to enjoy, a gift card to Bass Pro Shop, and a gift card to Sonic.
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR PARENTS who have graciously volunteered their time to make sure our players have the best possible experience. This includes the entire Booster Club Board and all the parents who have volunteered to help with the website, social media, communication, pictures, tournaments, flower sales, Senior Night, Homecoming, the tennis banquet and countless other things. It truly takes a lot to run this program properly. Thank you so much to those who show up to the booster club meetings, the banquet meetings, and the matches! We have some parents who continually step up to serve and support, and their contribution is very much appreciated.
Boosters are looking for YOUR HELP. We have 127 players; please help us support them and help make this tennis program the best that it can be. GET INVOLVED!!
Down the Line (Save the Date)
Monday-Wednesday, May 6-8, 2019, After School Team Tryouts for the 2019-2020 Tennis Team @CHS Tennis Center
Monday, May 13, 2019 @6pm, MANDATORY PARENT MEETING for all parents of the 2019-2020 Tennis Team.
Wednesday, May 15th @8:15am, in the CHS Arena The CHS Athletic Signing Celebration with Suzuka Nishino
Monday, August 5, 2019 @9am, VARSITY PRACTICE BEGINS for the 2019-2020 Season
President: Rhonda Nelson email@example.com
Vice President: Kelley Parlier firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Martha Rivas email@example.com
Volunteer Coordinator: Mark Abbey firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coordinator: Analyn Abbey email@example.com
Treasurer: Keiko Nishino firstname.lastname@example.org
Newsletter: Monica Cole email@example.com