Major Cities: Larissa, Piraeus, Patras, Thessaloniki
Previous Rulers of Greece
- Roman Empire 146-30 BCE
- Ottoman Empire 1458-1821 CE
- Germany 1941-1945 CE
Used the Drachma until 2002 when they switched to the Euro.
Greece has a presidential parliamentary republican government. It joined the European Union in 1981.
Cool Places To Visit
- Acropolis: Ancient Greek city and is now the greatest and most beautiful sanctuary in Greece
- Delphi: believed to be the center of the universe by Ancient Greeks
- The ancient theater of Epidauris: beautiful amphitheater used in ancient times
- Parthenon: beautiful temple dedicated to the Greek goddess of wisdom, Athena
- There are about 120,000,000 olive trees in Greece
- Athens is one of the oldest cities in the world
- Everyone in Greece that is 18 or older is required to vote
- "Greece." CIA.gov. CIA, 18 Nov. 2015. Web. 4 Dec. 2015. <https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/gr.html>.
- "Greece." CultureGrams Online Edition. ProQuest, 2015. Web. 6 Dec. 2015.
- "The Greek Flag." The Greek Flag. N.p., 1996. Web. 06 Dec. 2015. <http://www.alexandros.org/grflag.html>.
- "Visit Greece." Visit Greece. Greece, 2014. Web. 6 Dec. 2015. <http://www.visitgreece.gr/en>.