The Bumblebee Flies Anyways
By: Lenna Khuth
- Barney Snow still gets flash backs of his car accident
- The bond of Mazzo and Barney is still there
- Cassie and Barney's relationship is still there
- A type of brainwashing experiment
- The Handyman is a girl not a guy in the movie
-Started out with Billy knowing that he is in an experiment in the movie, in the book he doesn't know anything and only knows he has been in the complex for almost a month.
- Mazzo isn't "beautiful" (sorry).
- Cassie is introduced way too earlier than the book
- They took out Buscam and Ronson
-Billy is suppose to be in pain every time he walks
Integral scene removed
The beginning where Barney Snow introduces most of his acquaintances is cut off.
His life at the complex with his friends is reduced drastically
The idea of helping "mankind" (experiments) is not a big part of the story.
Why did the director do this
"What makes Cormier a favorite author of mine is his ability to write extremely good realism involving esoteric concepts. Following his trademark The Bumblebee Flies Anyway is about a boy undergoing brainwashing experiments unbeknown to him in an experimental clinic. Never did it seem unreal, impassible, too much, or even cliché. It's much more sweet and simple then you might think. " -Feathzzz
Reviews of the movie: http://www.dancaster.com/ejw/ejw_bumblebee_review.htm