Tiger Beat May 26th, 2023
Join the Tiger Team!
ALS Meet & Greet for students entering grades 5-12 in 23-24
Bandon vs Regis
On Wednesday, May 24th, the Tigers hosted Regis during the 2nd round of state playoffs and beat them with a final score of 2-0! The Tigers will move on to the Quarterfinals which will be played today, May 26th, at Umqua Valley Christian against UVC at 5 PM.
Final BHS Concert
On Tuesday, May 23rd, the high school Jazz Band, Choir and Band performed their final concert of the 22/23 school year. During this evening, the seniors were also recognized and special awards were given out to students who represented certain characteristics as decided by Band Director/Choir Director, Mr. Dave Weston.
Forecasting For Next Year
Track & Field On to State
Congratulations to the following Track & Field Athletes for making it to state which is held at Hayward Field in Eugene on May 25th - 26th. We wish you the best of luck and will be cheering you on. Let's Go Tigers!
- Raistlin Schippert - 300 Meter Hurdles
- Safaa Dimitruk - 4x4 Relay,
- Dani McLain - 4x4 Relay, 3000 Meter Run, 1500 Meter Run
- Analise Miller - 4x4 Relay, 400 Meter Run, Girl's High Jump
- Marley Petrey - 100 Meter Dash, 300 Meter Hurdles, Girl's Long Jump, Girl's Triple Jump
- Katelyn Senn - Girl's Javelin
- Caitlyn Michalek - Girl's Javelin, 4x4 Relay
- Makiah Vierck - 4x4 Relay, 100 Meter Hurdles
Staff vs Senior Basketball Game
It was a close game with questionable score keeping and officiating that was managed by the BHS student body and traitor, Coach Q, but our seniors won the game with a final score of 77-76! Sean Ells did a fantastic job commentating the game while cheerleaders, Dani McLain, Kate Devine, Ellrya Knight, Ms. Ashley Pearson, and Mrs. Liz Villagomez kept the hype up in the gym!
June 8th, 2023 - End of Semester 2
There are only 2 more weeks left of the 2022-2023 school year! Parents & Guardians, please make sure you are monitoring your student's progress by frequently checking your Parent Portal accounts. This program allows you to see your child's attendance, grades and any fees they may owe to Bandon High School. For help accessing this information, you can contact our office at: 541-347-4413.
*Fees need to be paid by the last day of school, thank you.
Cell Phone Policy
Valley Flora wanted to alert you to a few new programs that we - and other NW farms - are spearheading in in order to make fresh, local produce more accessible to low income families in our community. We’re trying to get the word out as widely as possible. If you have a spot to hang a poster (attached below), or room for a mention in your next newsletter, that would be wonderful! We are happy to provide you with a color-printed poster, just let us know! Also, please feel free to forward this email to anyone in your networks who would benefit from knowing about these programs.
- Double Up Food Bucks (DUFB): a program that helps low-income Oregonians purchase more fruits and vegetables while supporting local, family farms. Folks with SNAP benefits can purchase one of our farm’s community supported agriculture (CSA) shares and DUFB will provide 1:1 matching funds (they pay half the cost of the CSA with SNAP and DUFB covers the other half). It's a win-win that strengthens our community by providing better access to fresh, healthy food while helping local farmers earn a living.
- CSA Sliding Scale: our farm is offering a voluntary sliding scale payment system in order to make our food more accessible to everyone in the community. It’s been a beautiful example of community - and humanity - at its best.
PO Box 91
Langlois, OR 97450
541.348.2229 for Restaurant Orders
541.348.2180 for CSA Inquiries