February 8, 2021
Dear King Families
As I write this newsletter, we are in the middle of a snowy Super Bowl Sunday. I hope everyone was able to enjoy the game and not too inconvenienced by the weather!
I am including the link to last week's King Connections as it included some important information about procedures and protocols for the return of in-person learning for students in the near future.
This week's King Connections includes:
- District Return to School Update- February 5th
- King Celebrates Black History Month
- Anti-Racism Resources for Parents/Guardians
- State Dinosaur Results
- Vacation STEAM Activities
- Special PTO Meeting
- Sweet Pea Yoga
- February's Character Theme: Compassion
- PTO Website
- FPS Back to School
- Daily Wellness Checks at Home
- Learning Bag Distribution
- Grab N' Go Meals
- Mass.Gov Travel Updates
Please be sure to utilize the district tech website if you are having any tech issues.
Black History Month
Some Anti-Racism Resources for Parents/Guardians
The Votes Are In for the State Dinosaur!
And the winner is…...
Thanks to everyone who voted! The first dinosaur described by a female geoscientist has been proposed as our official state dinosaur. Now we need to ask our representatives to co sponsor bill numbers HD1392 & SD698 to make our dream come true. This is a great way to teach our kids about the legislative process and how laws get made!Click here to find your representative and sample letters you can send!
Vacation STEAM Activities
Keep your eyes open this week for the FPS STEAM Vacation Opportunities Newsletter from our STEAM Coach, PJ Feynman. One highlight? The Backyard Bird Count Feb 12-15. Scientists from Cornell University call citizen scientists to help them collect data on birds every winter. You can do it in as little as 15 minutes! Watch this video to learn more. You can participate on your own, or join PJ and King Elementary School Vice Principal Jennifer Herring for a guided bird counting Zoom call.
What? Guided Bird Count Zoom Call
When? Monday, Feb 15 at 10:00 AM
How? Fill out this registration form
Special PTO Meeting- Allison will be presenting a slideshow about the Return to School.
Wednesday, Feb. 10th, 7-8pm
This is an online event.
Meeting ID: 880 9448 1408
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,88094481408# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,88094481408# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 880 9448 1408
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcD9bLyJPc
Sweet Pea Yoga is BACK!
Join us for a Valentine’s session!! The King PTO is excited to announce a collaboration with Sweet Pea Yoga to offer virtual sessions of family yoga to the King community!
Here are the dates:
- Saturday, February 13th 4:00pm – 4:50pm
- Sunday, February 28th 10:00am – 10:50am (wear your pajamas!!)
- Saturday, March 13th 4:00pm – 4:50pm
- Sunday, March 28th 10:00am – 10:50am
- Saturday, April 10th 10:00am – 10:50am
Visit https://kingelementarypto.membershiptoolkit.com/2021yoga to find all the details and registration link through Zoom. Please make sure to review all of the information prior to registering.
February's Character Education Theme of the Month is COMPASSION
Definition: Showing concern or empathy for others.
“I” Statement: I will be considerate of others and think about how they feel.
- Why is showing compassion for others important?
- What does it feel like when someone shows compassion and empathy to you?
Some Book Titles about COMPASSION:
- Loser: Jerry Spinelli
- A Chair for My Mother: Vera Williams
- The Invisible Boy: Trudy Ludwig
- Amazing Grace: Mary Hoffman
- The Hundred Dresses : Eleanor Estes
- The Giving Tree: Shel Silverstein
- Wings: Christopher Myers
- The Little Bird in the Cage: Camila Hurst
ParentTeacherOrganization Join our WebSite
Do you want to be able to connect with other parents in your child's classroom? Are you interested in volunteering at a PTO event? Do you want to buy tickets or register for PTO Events? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then visit http://www.kingpto.com today and join the school directory!
Any questions emails firstname.lastname@example.org
KING's Next Learning Materials Distribution will be on Thursday, February 25th- Two Windows for Pick Up: 8:00AM-9:00AM and 5:00PM-6:00PM
GRAB-AND-GO MEAL PICK-UP EXPANDS FROM FOUR SITES TO ALL FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS! Click HERE for More Information!
Here is a link that may be helpful to keep up with which states are allowable for travel at a given time.
King School Hours
School Hours 9:05am - 3:20pm
Early Release Days
- Students who are learning remotely are dismissed at 12:00pm. Students who are learning in-person are dismissed at 12:55pm. Lunch IS served.
- Early Release Thursdays: 3/11/21, 4/29/21, 5/6/21, 5/13/21, 5/20/21, 5/27/21
- Students are dismissed at 12:00pm.
- Lunch IS NOT served.
- Half Days: 11/25 and the last day of school.