The Logistics Behind The Campaign
Agnibho Roy, Vijitha Kamtety, Karthik Mutyala, Casie Wilford
This is a message that is directed to the audience to reform the school education system and disperse work over time. Having a pervasive amount of work is the same as having a lot some days and minimal another; however, the first option brings about better work quality from the students because they can learn the material in intervals, which is psychologically proven to be better for them as well. Consequently, using persuasive techniques and statistics, we are selling this idea to the community to bring about a change.
First Technique: Appeal to Pity
The advertisement campaign should evoke pity from the audience towards the conditions of the students and encourage them to devise better designed plans to aid them. For example, we used a logical approach by asking the question of how they would feel if they had their children go through this stress. This makes them look at the situation from a different and more personal perspective to persuade them in implementing our ideas.
Second Technique: Appeal to Fear
The students will not be able to perform to their full ability and the stress levels can increase. This can dent the reputation of the high school career and actually the high school itself. We used this example to instill fear so that the audience can feel more compelled to take action using the protocol we presented.
Third Technique: Slogan
The use of the Slogan "A healthy student is a prosperous student" at the end of the campaign video serves to summarize the intent of the presentation. This is again repeated in the speech to emphasize its importance. Overall, it is a catchy phrase that captures the attention of the audience and create a sense of unity for the entire campaign.
Plan of Action
- The group will first hook the audience to the topic by opening up with a question. This will catch the audience's reaction because the question is relatable to the students.
- Next, the video will be shown to supplement the ideas and introduce the actual plan of action to reform the issue presented.
- This is visual so it will definitely enlighten the readers from a different light
- The video will include many persuasive techniques that will attract the teachers and administrators to implement the plan to alleviate the stress and it will provide support for the students' situation in school.
- An infographic will be passed around class to show the statistics and emphasize the importance of the issue.
- The speech later will go in depth with the plan on dispersing the schedule and accommodating the tests and schedules of other classes as well.
- The steps that we can take will be in the infographic as well and is a pamphlet to the CHS community to aid in the reform.
- We will start and end with the slogan "A healthy student is a prosperous student" to have a catchy opening and finishing and make the entire presentation cohesive.
Advertisement placement and reasoning
We placed the advertisement in the middle of the speech because we felt that it was the most effective there since we would start off introducing the subject and the supporting it with the video. Then we would elaborate on the ad. We used this ad to persuade the audience (teachers and administrator) to undertake the plan and as a result. We even included a plan and protocols that they could take so that they could implement it in Coppell High School