Franklin Friday News
What's Going On at #FAPBG-October 19, 2020
Instructional Model Change Requests
For families who are still awaiting their uniforms, please be sure to send your scholar in to school in a plain polo and bottom with the correct colors as outlined in our policy. The video below offers visuals of our approved uniform configurations. Please reach out to a member of administration if you have any concerns or questions.
Drop Off & Pick Up Reminders
- Please pull all the way down to the furthest available place at the curb before letting your student in or out of your car.
- Students may NOT get out of or in to the car on the driver's side for any reason.
- Students and parents may not access the trunk or hatchback of the vehicle for any reason at carline.
- Parents/drivers may NOT get out of the car for any reason at carline. If your young student needs assistance, please feel free to flash your lights to one of our carline staff members and they will assist you.
- Please be sure to have your child's name clearly displayed for pick-up in the passenger side window.
Bus Loop Pick Up (Grades 4 & 5) ends at 3:00 PM. Please report to carline if you arrive after 3:00 PM.
Free Breakfast and Lunch for ALL students
Franklin Academy is now serving meals FREE to all students using the waiver granted by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). All South Florida children (both Franklin students and non-Franklin students) can receive FREE meals. FREE meals are available as of today and in the coming days a 5 day meal pack will be available for pick up on Thursdays from 6:30 AM – 7:30 AM.
Franklin Live students will be able to pickup their breakfast & lunch while on campus each day. Franklin Flex students will be able to collect a meal while on campus and before they go home at the end of the day, they will be provided a meal for their “distance” day.
Starting January 4th, 2021, student meals will be served according to the student eligibility (free, reduced or paying). To qualify for Free or Reduced - Price meals, an application must be submitted online at: http://www.myschoolapps.com/Home/DistrictRedirect/FLORIDACF_FL?langid=1
Do not miss out on your opportunity to receive meals for the entire school year, so submit your application before January.
Sample 5 Day Meal Pick Up Box
Mac and Cheese
Fruits and veggies
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pastry
Chocolate Chip Muffin
This form is to be used by Franklin Academy staff, parents, students, vendors, volunteers and other community members. Self-isolation would be associated with exposure to someone with actual COVID-19 or having a positive test result.
Staff Birthdays-August, September, & October
Ms. Lee- 10/2
Ms. Rutter- 10/6
Ms. Ellis- 10/14
Ms. Appleman- 10/16
Ms. Solivan- 10/25