Come To Minnesota!!!
The 32nd state of the U.S.A
Minnesota is a northern paradise in the wilderness!
Facts of History:
- We built Fort Snelling to enforce laws but not to fight.
- St. Paul was filled with mainly men around the 1840s until the first women came- Harriet Bishop.
- St. Paul was called "Pigs Eye Landing."
- In 1858 Minnesota was the fastest populating state in the U.S.A.
- Being that our state was populated we got a governor named Henry Sibley.
Harriet Bishop was the first lady in Minnesota to run a school.
Fort Snelling was a military base used to enforce laws but not to fight.
Henry Sibley was the first Minnesota govorner
My " Quote"
" We have land we have lakes, we have everything that it takes."
A main intrest in Minnesota is once again Fort Snelling.
Fort Snelling was used to enforce laws and keep peace between tribes and nations.
A very influential person is Harriet Bishop.
Harriet was the first women to create education in Minnesota. Her first school was muddy and dirty in a blacksmith shop in St. Paul/ Pigs eye Landing. Harriet also Ran the first sun day school, along with women groups for money and she started a temperance group to ban alcohol from the choices others have made. So basically she made education and enforced kids to be Christian too.
Some ways I think some people could travel from the east is to ride or drive in steam boats through rivers and lakes.
"We have the freedom you need from the big cities"