- In Lascaux Caves there are many prehistoric cave paintings that are mostly of animals
- The cave closed in 1963 because artificial lights faded the colors of the paintings and caused algae to grow
- The Lascaux Cave opened after WWII
- Some of the cave paintings may incorporate prehistoric star charts and the lunar calendar
- The cave was discovered on September 12,1940 by an 18 year old named Marcel Ravidat
Scuba Diving in Lascaux Cave is great! You will scuba dive in crystal clear water that is relatively warm offering good diving conditions.