End of School Year 2021-22 Newsletter
Dear McAuliffe Elementary School Parent/Guardian:
At McAuliffe Elementary School, students are at the heart of all we do. We have had an amazing year and looking forward to next school year already!
As we close the year, there are a few things we would like to remind you about for summer and the upcoming school year.
- Address changes - fill out a change of address form and email it to email@example.com
- Moving out of district - Notify the school office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The first day of school for Grades 1-4 is Tuesday, September 6. Kindergarten student’s first full day is Wednesday, September 7 as they have orientation on Tuesday, September 6.
- Please note assigned Kindergarten Orientation Times and Information for September 6th will be emailed by August 26th.
School begins at 8:50 am and students should arrive at school from 8:30 am to 8:45 am to be ready for the start of the learning day at 8:50 am. 3:25 pm is the dismissal time for all students.
HOMEROOM TEACHER ASSIGNMENT & BUS INFORMATION
Teacher assignments will be released through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal by August 26th. An email will be sent when the information is available to families.
SUMMER READING ASSESSMENT (BAS)
The typical meet the teacher and reading assessment for students in 1st through 4th grade will not be scheduled in August this year. These assessments will happen during the school day in the fall.
The Open House for all grades will be held on Wednesday, August 31st from 4:30-6:30 pm.
Kindergarten through 4th grade classrooms will be open during the Open House. Please feel free to find the classroom, put supplies away, and informally meet the teacher.
To help limit the amount of parking congestion, please follow the suggested schedule below. If you need to come at the other time, please feel free to do so.
- 4:30-5:15 Families with last names beginning with A-L can drop off materials and meet with the teacher.
- 5:30-6:20 Families with last names beginning with M-Z can drop off materials and meet with the teacher.
Other items during open house:
- Parents can get car pick up numbers from the office (new numbers are assigned each year)
- Visit with the nurse to bring in any medications or paperwork needed
The McAuliffe Supply List is available at Target, Walmart, etc. and is available on the school website.
If you have any questions, please reach out.
Matt Esterby, Principal
DATES TO REMEMBER
20-22 - Kindergarten HKAT Assessments (see invitations emailed in May)
26 - Teacher Assignment & Bussing information released in Parent Portal. Kindergarten orientation information will be emailed by 8/26
31 - Open House 4:30 - 6:30
5 - Labor Day
6 - First Day Grades 1-5, & 9
6 - Kindergarten Orientation - more info to come by 8/26
7 - First Day Grades Kindergarten, 6-8, & 10-12
21 - Picture Day
26 - NO SCHOOL - Staff Development
Please visit our school website regularly to view updated school information. Our website features the the monthly newsletter, supply list, classroom websites, lunch menu and more.