October 24, 2021
Messages from Principal Lefere
- If you have not had the opportunity to schedule a parent-teacher conference with your child's teacher, please contact the teacher or the front office and we will make sure you get an appointment.
- When attending parent-teacher conferences, it is required that you wear a mask into the building and that you complete the health screener. We will have masks available at the school.
- We will welcome families through the front entrance for your scheduled conference. Some teachers may allow you entry through their classroom door.
Picture Re-Takes Rescheduled
- Picture re-takes had to be rescheduled to Friday, November 5th.
- We have a costume closet available to children who are in need of a Halloween costume. If you are interested in this, please accompany your child to Room 4 after school 2:30-3:00 this week. Call the office with any questions!
- Please look over the Halloween Costume Guidelines (linked below) if your child will be wearing a costume on Wednesday. We want every student to have a fun and safe experience!
Book fair this week!
From the Art Studio...
Art To Remember orders due by November 11th!
Once again, we've teamed up with Art to Remember to raise additional funds for the Visual Arts Program at Howbert and provided life-long keepsakes for your friends and family! Art to Remember transfers children’s artwork onto wonderful keepsake items, such as mugs, necklaces, phone cases, keychains, and more. The products make great gifts for the holidays!
You can view your student(s)' artwork and order at: https://arttoremember.com/school/S67S9L
Just search their name or use the code in the yellow bar at the bottom of their order information sheet. Order information sheets went home on Thursday.
You can also upload more artwork or order from past years!
Thanks for supporting the Visual Arts at Howbert! Please reach out with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Susie Gray, Art Teacher
Howbert is seeking volunteers to help with a variety of activities in our school! Each week, we will list volunteer opportunities here. There will either be a link to sign up or you can always give the school a call and we'll be happy to help.
❤The gift of your time is priceless to our students❤
The book fair is coming and we need your help! We are in need of volunteers to run the register and help students choose books. If you are are available to help during the following dates/times, please click the link below to sign up.
Monday 25th 2-4pm
Tuesday 26th 10:45 - 12:15
Tuesday 26th 2-4pm
Wednesday 27th 10:45 - 12:15
Wednesday 27th 2-4pm
The Howbert PTO meets the 2nd Thursday of every month at 4pm. We will be meeting in-person but will also have a virtual option for those that would prefer to attend on WebEx.
*** Our next meeting is on Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 4pm. This meeting is very important because we will be reviewing and determining teacher grants. If you are interested in being on this grant committee, please email howbertPTO@gmail.com ***
We would love to see you at the meetings! It is a great way to share your thoughts, hear about happenings in the school and support the Howbert staff and students. And you don't have to commit to anything! Come to as many or as few meetings as works for you and your schedule.
Computer Recycling...for a cause!
📞Howbert Contact Info📱
Monday - Friday 7:30am - 3:30pm
Monday - Friday 8am - 2:30pm
Front Office: email@example.com
Tech Help: firstname.lastname@example.org