Happy Holiday Season!
Some college application deadlines have been extended!
CSUs-December 15, 2021, to 11:59 p.m. PST
- San Diego State
- San Jose State
- Fresno State
- Cal State LA
- Cal Poly Pomona
Visit the Priority Application Deadline page to view other CSU campus deadlines.
Students who expressed interest and the intention to apply to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) on Cal State Apply for fall 2022 should check individual campus EOP application and documents deadlines on the EOP Admission by Term website. Document deadlines include letter of recommendations. Students can still go back into Cal State Apply to indicate they are interested in applying for EOP if they haven’t missed the campus’s deadline.
UCs-Deadline to apply is January 7, 2022 to 11:59 p.m. PST
- UC Merced only
Priority Application period for California Community Colleges is NOW!
Apply to take part in the RTG (Registration to Go) process which gives you priority registration and support along the way.
Class of 2022-Scroll to the end to find information just for you!
Click here for the full 2021-2022 calendar
Oct. 1st-March 2nd FAFSA and CADAA application period
December 10th- High school Enrichment/Dual Enrollment-College's last day of Fall semester
Please request official transcripts to be sent to Records@theaxiagroup.com
January 7th-Last day of Yosemite Valley/Monarch River Fall semester. Remember, semester grades are used to earn credit toward graduation, calculate your GPA, and are part of your permanent high school transcript.
Want to take a college class in Spring 2022?
New to the Concurrent Enrollment process? Learn more by checking out these resources:
Headspace for Teens
Headspace is now free for all teens in the US. If you’re between the ages of 13–18 years old in the US, click below to learn more and how to sign up for Headspace for free through our partners:
Counseling Corner Live!
Join Mrs. Marroquin, your high school counselor, Tuesdays from 12-12:30 pm here for once a month, grade-level college and career exploration!
- 11th graders meet 1st Tuesdays
- 10th graders meet 2nd Tuesdays
- 9th graders meet 3rd Tuesdays
- drop-in office hours 4th Tuesdays
- "Registering your CaliforniaColleges.edu account" See the recording here.
- "Understanding Financial Aid". See the recording here.
- "Introduction to Financial Aid" and "The Cost of College" See the recording here.
- Your high school transcript
Taking the SAT or ACT?
- Check here to see if your school requires test scores.
- Click here for information about Fee Waivers.
- Go here for free SAT prep from the College Board and Khan Academy!
See our Important Dates Calendar here for registration dates, deadlines, and test dates.
OPTIONS AFTER HIGH SCHOOL
Job Corps is the largest, FREE vocational program that offers training in over 82 Career Options at 123 centers across the U.S!
Job Corps Cohort – Open to All High School and Middle School Students interested in learning about the largest, FREE Vocational Program!
College & Career Cohort – Open to All High School and Middle School Students interested in learning about Post-Secondary options, while working on Resume, Cover Letter, Application Help, Interviewing Skills, and more!
Job Corps Fair-missed the live session? Watch the recording here
Questions? Email Jonathan.Quijas@yosemitevalleycharter.org to find out more about Job Corps!
Career and Technical Education Careers at your local Adult School
Many adult schools offer great job training programs for high school graduates! Programs are free or low-cost compared to private technical colleges. Check out the following links to find an Adult Education Center near you!
Adult School Spotlight
Clovis Adult School Presentation @ "Your Future Friday"12/3
Clovis Adult School has great job training programs in Business and Health, including Nurse Assistant, Home Health Aide, and Vocational Nurse. Programs cost less than private schools and qualify for Financial Aid assistance. Click here for more information.
Watch the recording here.
College Spotlight-Fresno City College
What can Fresno City College offer you? Watch the video!
Did you know Fresno City College ...
- was the first California Community College established and second in the nation
- is a Hispanic-Serving Institution
- has the largest nursing program in California
- boasts nationally recognized student organizations such as Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- houses the Leon S. Peters Honors Program
- offers transfer agreements to select University of California and California State University campuses.
FCC offers an excellent education at a price you can afford. Take classes on campus or online. Are you in a hurry to graduate and transfer? Join one of the 25-month programs with guaranteed class placement. Need a job now? FCC offers certifications and training.
INTERESTED IN A DEGREE?
FCC offers Associate in Science (AS) and Associate in Arts (AA) degrees. Many degrees include a guaranteed transfer to four-year institutions - Associate Degree for Transfer (AST and AAT).
- View the list of Majors offered at Fresno City College.
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
Fire and Police
The Career & Technology Center offers several training programs ranging from 20 to 30 weeks. This is perfect for hands-on application and to be ready to work in the industry within weeks.
The Applied Technology Division offers an AS degree in Automotive Technology and several certificates for those who need college credit including GM ASEP.
The Career & Technology Center's Industrial Program offers two trainings: Warehouse Technician that can be completed in 12 weeks, and the Maintenance Mechanic which is a 30-week program.
The Training Institute provides career training, professional development, continuing education, online programs, and corporate training. Their programs include:
- Pharmacy technician
- Electrocardiogram EKG training
- RN review and skills practice
- CPR for healthcare providers
- Farm labor CE
- Online courses in Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, SQL programming, Purchasing, and much more...
The Career & Technology Center (CTC) provides training based upon industry needs at a low cost. No high school diploma required. Includes job placement services.
Watch a video about all FCC has to offer you here!
CLASS OF 2022
YOUR FUTURE FRIDAYS!
- Friday 12/3: Clovis Adult School CTE Programs Watch the recording here.
- Friday 12/10: Community College-Fresno City RTG watch the video here.
- Friday 12/17: Drop-in Office Hours
Past Session Topics-click on links for recordings
- California Colleges.edu-Registering your Account
- Completing Career Interest Inventories here and using the Career Search tool here.
- Discover programs and majors that are of interest, what they involve, and colleges that offer them here. Find the right college in California and across the country using the factors that matter to you. Watch the video here.
- Financial Aid and the FAFSA/CADAA
- Launching the FAFSA/CADAA application
- The College Application Process
- Applying to a CSU
- Applying to a UC
Click on this button to go to the College Board and Big Future's amazing resource for applying to college! Get all your questions answered here!
How do I apply to...?
CA Community College Applying for Admission|
Reedley City College New Student Help
Merced Community College New Student Help
Monterey Peninsula College New Student Help
Hartnell College New Student Help
Gavilan College New Student Help
The priority application period for the Fall 2022 semester: October 1st -December 3rd.
CSU Fresno State, Monterey Bay, Stanislaus and all other California State Universities:
Application help: High School Guidance - First-Time First-Year Students | CSU
Application period has been extended. See dates above!
Colleges using the Common Application: An application guide for first-time students
I've applied...now what??
Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA)! All graduating students need to fill out one of these forms to be eligible for any federal and state financial aid, including the California Promise (2 years of free community college)! Whether you are looking to go to a university, college, or technical/vocational school, don't miss out on free money!!
Cash for College Workshops-register here for free webinars from the California Student Aid Commission.
- Need a letter of recommendation? Make an appointment with me using the button below.
- Need an unofficial copy of your transcript? Ask your HST or email me.
- Need an official copy of your transcript? Request one here.
You can call or text me at 209-720-7177 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on the button to check my availability and schedule a Zoom appointment via my Calendly link.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident, grades and essay.
Deadline: December 11, 2021
Attend a 2 or 4 year college, min. GPA 2.5, min. SAT & ACT scores see websites for more information.
Deadline: December 15, 2021
Be entering college in the Fall of 2022 as a Freshman at a four-year school for an undergraduate degree; currently involved in high school sports, intramural sports, or community-based sports, minimum GPA of 3.0
Deadline: December 17, 2021
Our scholarship bulletin provides links to help you search for National, Statewide, and Local scholarships.