March 26th, 2021
Good afternoon families,
March 15th marked the end of 2nd trimester/winter trimester for elementary students. Teachers have been working to complete report cards which communicate your child's progress towards grade level standards. Please keep in mind that progress is reported based on observations, assessments, work done in class and through remote learning. Teachers will be meeting with each family next week to talk more about your child's progress this trimester as well as work to set goals for the last trimester of school. We hope that every family will work with their teacher to set a conference time. These will be done virtually using Google Meets. Thank you for sharing your children with us. I know I enjoy the sound of kids in our classrooms and on the playground. I've heard students read to me, tell me how to find the perimeter of a rectangle, and read me a poem they wrote. It's easy to see the joy in our classrooms through the masks our students and staff wear!
Principal, Orting Primary School
Conferences March 31-April 2
(Students receiving lunches will be sent home with a double lunch on conference days)
- All conferences will be held virtually via Google Meets
- March 31st-AM session attends, NO PM session for students
- April 1st-NO AM session, PM students attend at normal time
- Teachers will review your child's progress in the 2nd trimester and set some goals for 3rd trimester
Skyward/Family Access-Wellness Screening Daily
Cougar Character Trait
Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another's emotions.
Q: My child is having a technology related issue on a district owned device, how can I
A: Reach out to the Orting Express
Call in Support Hours are from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
with expanded hours coming soon
Students and families can get help in the following ways:
- Access help by the live chat feature from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday on the Orting School District Website. Access the help feature on the lower corner of the Orting Express page.
- Access help by texting to this number (253) 254-3276 (no calls text only)
- Send us an email OrtingExpress@orting.wednet.edu
- To contact our Support Center, call directly at (360) 893-6500 press *
Orting Primary School will be open for appointment only 9am to 4pm.
All visitors are expected to wear a face covering and to practice social distancing. In addition, visitors must sign in and will be asked to attest to your health via QR code. For your convenience, Instructions are posted on the main entrance door.