The Titan Times: Week 14
The River Place Elementary (RPE) Campus Newsletter
In this Edition:
- Message from Principal Sharp
- Mark Your Calendars and Links to District and Lunch Calendars
- Leander ISD Opportunities
- Counselor's Connection Info & Message
- Ways to Stay Engaged & Volunteer for Upcoming Events
- Growing a Titan Mindset and Connection Every Day!
We have a lot to be thankful for as we look to launch the Thanksgiving Break! Here are few things I find myself thankful for-
- Thank you to our community for exercising your right to vote last week. The passing of propositions A and B helps us achieve district and campus goals thanks to the remarkable support of our community.
- Many thanks to our 2nd grade Titan students, 2nd grade Titan educators, our Titan specials team, and specifically Ms. Simpson for the production of the 2nd grade play last week. What a joy to see our Titans share their talents with our community.
- We are especially thankful for our campus and district substitute teachers. We experienced a little spell of absences recently, and they kept us afloat. What a gift their service is to our community! If you'd like join our sub list, please learn more here.
- Thanks to our PTA and the enrichment support program. They recently had an application process for our staff that awarded teachers with various instructional and/or professional needs to grow their practice and craft. If you're a member, thank you so much for providing this for our staff. If you have not joined yet, please consider doing so to grow your reach in our community. You can learn more here.
- Many thanks to our office team and cafeteria staff and volunteers for supporting the Thanksgiving luncheon today and to our families for taking time to visit our campus and enjoy a meal with their Titan(s).This truly is one of my favorite times of year. I could go on and on!
I genuinely hope everyone takes some time to look around at all of the wonderful things happening in our community. There are a plethora of things to be thankful for, and it is my wish that you cherish your time together over the break doing something that brings you and your family into the spirit of gratitude.
Dr. Amy Sharp
Proud RPE Principal
Mark Your Calendars
- 14th-18th Principal and Assistant Principal Appreciation Week (Leander ISD recognition)
- 15-17th: Scholastic Book Fair (Info Below)
- 18th: 2nd Nine Weeks Student Progress Reports Sent Home by this Date
- 21-25th: Fall Break- No school for staff and students
- 29th: Fall Picture Make Up Day
- 5-9th: Inclusive Schools Week
- 8th Leander ISD Board Meeting at 6:15 PM at the LEO Conference Center: River Place Elementary Will be Highlighted
- 8th 3rd Grade Performance for Parents (RSVP link coming soon)
- 13th State Hearing and Vision Screenings Throughout the School Day
- 16th Early Release at 11:30 AM
- 19th through January 2nd Winter Break- No school for students and our staff reports back to campus on January 2nd
On January 3, 2023 students return to campus & the 3rd Nine Weeks Grading Period begins.
MUST KNOWS FOR THE COMMUNITY
Scholastic Book Fair Info
We’re excited to invite you to our upcoming Scholastic Book Fair. Hosted by our staff, this event is an opportunity for students of all ages to build their home libraries and further their love of
reading. As always, all purchases benefit our school. After missing out on many beloved traditions, our spring Book Fair will be a familiar, welcome, and safe event for our students.
Here’s what you need to know about the Fair, which will take place in the library on:
- Tuesday, November 15th - Fair Day 1 - 7:05am - 3:15pm
- Wednesday, November 16th - Fair Day 2 - 7:05am - 3:15pm
- Thursday, November 17th - Fair Day 3 - 7:05am - 5 pm
Visit our Book Fair homepage to learn more and get started with eWallet and online shopping:
Our Book Fair offers eWallet, a safe and secure alternative to cash. Simply create a free account to add funds and/or invite family and friends to contribute so your child can select their own books. Any unused funds can be spent at The Scholastic Store Online or to fund a future eWallet. If you can’t make it to the Fair, then shop at our school’s Online Book Fair. All orders ship directly to your home, and shipping is free for book orders over $25. Your online orders will also benefit our school.
We’re excited to celebrate our love of books together at the Book Fair. We look forward to
seeing your child there!
Book Drive Going on Now!
We are collecting books to support families across the district until Friday, November 18th. Studies have shown that having books in the home may be the greatest indicator–beyond race, economic status or parents’ education level–in determining a child’s educational achievement. But the reality is that many of our students don’t have access to books outside the walls of their schools. LEEF is committed to ensuring that every home in Leander ISD has a selection of age-appropriate books available. We hope to help children foster a love of reading and learning they can use throughout their lives.
LEEF collects thousands of new and gently used books throughout the year. The volunteer effort continues as our team of teacher volunteers sorts through the donations and divides them by grade-level in our LEEF Book Library. We then work with district reading specialists, as well as local charities, to get books into the hands of our highest need students and their families through school literacy nights, summer reading initiatives, the weekend food backpack program, holiday gifting projects and more. Please support us in this effort by donating today! The collection bin is located right outside of the library doorway in the main hallway.
Volunteer at RPE
Run/ Read Club: Volunteers Needed
What is River Place Run/Read Club:
- A morning walk or jog is a great way to start the day and a healthy habit to form. Encourage your kids by volunteering for this event!
- It is also a great way to see your kids interact with friends in their grade level.
- We need parent support to keep this program going strong. Your words of encouragement as they run laps go a long way to encourage the students. Sign up here!
- Students will either run around the track and earn prizes, OR they may read silently to self in the gym.
- Volunteers and teachers will help set up the tables, help students get their badges, log laps run, motivate kids, give out rewards for laps run, and collect badges and take down tables when Run Club is finished. Sign up here!
- After Run Club, at 7:50, Mr. Grace will pick up the students and take them to the cafeteria. Students who have not had breakfast yet will do so then.
Time: 7:10-7:50 AM
Place: Check in at the front receptionist desk and then head to the MPR (Multi-Purpose Room across from the cafeteria)
Questions: please contact/text Tracey Schalscha at 602-558-0248
YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED LISD VOLUNTEER. Sign up here!
Run or Read Club Schedule:
River Place Elementary Titan Community
Here are our Titan Community Communication Tools-
- River Place Elementary School Website
- Twitter Account
- PTA Facebook Page
- Remind App for River Place Insiders
Location: 6500 Sitio Del Rio Blvd, Austin, TX 78730, USA