8th Grade Field Trip
8th Grade Trip to OMSI and the Portland Zoo
Friday, May 13th, 7:45am to Saturday, May 14th, 9:30pm
Portland Zoo and OMSI Planetarium, Portland, OR, USA
May 13, 2022
- Students load bus @ Prospect Charter School 7:45 am
- Depart 8:00 am
- Stop Canyonville and Wood burn for Bathroom stops. Eat Lunch on the Bus.
- Arrive Portland Zoo and tour at 2:00 pm
- Depart Zoo at 5:00 pm
- Check in at Crowne Plaza at 5:30. Hotel Information: 1441NE 2nd St. Portland, OR. (503) 233-2401 |
- Walk to dinner at Burgerviller 6:15 pm
- Return to hotel 7:30
May 14, 2022
- Eat Breakfast at the hotel
- Depart for OMSI 8:40 am
- Check in at OMSI 9:00 am
- Depart Portland: 3:00 pm
- Stop for Dinner Eugene/ Cottage Grove
- Arrive PCS 9:15pm for parent pick up.
Know Before You Go
- Students must have demonstrated responsible behavior to attend. Attendance is dependent upon approval by Mrs. Durham.
- If major behaviors occur on the trip, the parent must retrieve the student from Portland.
- Please arrive on time to pick up and drop off students at Prospect.
- There is no fee to attend. All expenses are paid. Students may bring souvenir money.
- Bags may be searched.
- Students must ride on the bus and may not ride in a separate vehicle except for an emergency.
- 4 students per room. Students will select "roomies."
- One (1) piece of luggage
- One (1) personal day bag
Day bag items:
- Glasses, contacts & solution, sunglasses
- Wallet/ Spending money
- Comfortable walking shoes(we recommend no flip-flops!)
- Coat/jacket, rain jacket, dress in layers (please check weather forecast before your departure)
- iPods, iPads, Kindles, etc. to enjoy on the bus (remember to bring headphones and extra batteries/chargers)
- Medicines and copies of any prescriptions. Please complete the Authorization for Medication form and provide to Mrs. Durham. Mrs. Durham will hold medications.
- Hair brush, comb, etc.
- Magazines, books
- Pillow and light-weight blanket for the bus (if you wish)
- Sack lunch, snacks, and re-sealable drinks for the bus
Large luggage items:
- Dress code per school regulations
- 2 casual t-shirts
- 2 pairs pants/jeans/ shorts
- 1 light jacket for cold weather or rain
- Poncho or travel umbrella
- Underwear and socks for 2days
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Bathing suit or swim trunks.
- Toiletries: shampoo, soap, deodorant, hand sanitizer, etc. (pack in a plastic bag in case of spills)
- Comfortable walking shoes (we recommend no flip-flops!)
Don't over pack! A common mistake is to take too many clothes, unnecessary toiletries, etc. Each student must be able to carry their own luggage. Usually one suitcase and one backpack are sufficient. Use Ziploc bags to hold shampoos and other toiletries that could leak. You may not bring gaming systems.