Smoking?..You must be joking!
Types of cancers smoking causes!
- Acute myeloid leukemia
- Bladder cancer
- Cancer of the cervix
- Cancer of the esophagus
- Kidney cancer
- Cancer of the larynx (voice box)
- Lung cancer
- Cancer of the oral cavity (mouth)
- Pancreatic cancer
- Cancer of the pharynx (throat)
- Stomach cancer
Second hand smoking.
- 3,000 nonsmoking adults die of diseases caused by exposure to second hand smoke every year.
- More than 10 million young people aged 12-18 live in a household with at least one smoker.
The EPA has classified secondhand smoke as a carcinogen since 1992.
Some 2 to 5 million US children suffer from asthma; of these, about 20 percent experience more asthma attacks and more severe attacks than their fellow young asthmatics, due to secondhand smoke.
Smoking while pregnant.
- Smoking More than half a pack a day may cause infertility or irregular menstrual cycles in women.
- Babies born of mothers who smoke frequently during pregnancy are on the average 7 ounces lighter than other babies.
- In 2002, 11.4 percent of mothers smoked during pregnancy.
Mothers who smoke can pass nicotine to their children through breast milk.