AFC Jr/Sr High School
Back to School Edition!
- All students can now travel to their classes instead of staying in the same classroom all day, as our junior high students had to do all last school year.
- All students will be assigned a locker and will be permitted to use it throughout the day.
- We can now safely seat all students in the cafeteria for lunch, as opposed to having half of the students seated in the gym bleachers.
- Although all students and staff must be masked while in the building, when outdoors masks are not required.
- Students will be changing into PE uniforms this year.
- The guideline from the health department is that we keep all students seated at least 3 feet from one another. We're able to safely fit all students in classrooms and will not have the need to have students "zoom" in for classroom instruction, as we did last year.
- Water fountains and vending machines will be available for staff and student use throughout the day.
- As an extension of last year's FDA's program, all student school lunches are still free.
We appreciate your understanding and support as we embark on another school year. We thank you for trusting us with your children each day.
Jr/Sr High School Open House, 8/17 from 6-7 PM
Music Program Update
Students who were enrolled in band and/or choir have been placed into other classes that were available. Please check Skyward for your students updated schedule.
Counseling Office Update
COVID Testing Available On-Site
Students will NOT be tested unless we have permission from a parent/guardian. If we have a waiver on file, the parent/guardian will still be notified if a test is administered to your student.
Hard copies of this consent form will be available during our open house on August 17 from 6-7 pm and will be made available for students to take home on their first day, August 18.
Important Upcoming Dates
- August 17: Open House from 6-7 pm
- August 18: First Day of Student Attendance
- August 18: First day of WACC
- September 6: No School-Labor Day
- September 8: FFA's Farmer Market
- September 17: Fall Picture Day
- September 20th: Homecoming Week