THE MENTORING MINUTE
Mentoring Hangout, Saturday, September 26, 10:30-11:30ish. Theme: "Sloppy Sweatshirt Saturday".
Register for the KMEA Mentoring Conference | October 24, 2020 | 9:30 am-3:30 pm
2020 KMEA Mentoring Conference
Saturday, October 24, 2020
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Designed for first, second and third year music educators,
collegiate seniors, and veteran music educators.
REGISTER HERE by Thursday, October 22. (Free)
All Zoom links will be emailed by District Mentor Chairs
Fall District Mentoring Meetings for Beginning Music Educators
- East Central District: September 8 via Zoom, 5:30 pm. Fall Business meeting begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Northeast District: September 14 via Zoom, 6:00 pm. Fall Business meeting begins at 7:00 p.m.
- Southeast District: August 1, Arma High School, 7:00 p.m. Connections were made and a great time was had by all!!
- North Central District: August 26 via Zoom, Downbeat Meeting. 5:30 PM social, 5:45 PM Business Meeting.
- South Central District: September 21, 4:30-5:30, via Zoom.
- Northwest District: September 19, via Zoom, 10:30-11:30 am and October 18, in person, 3 pm with dinner, Phillipsburg.
- Southwest District: October 6, 4:30 - 5:30 pm, via Zoom.
ECKMEA: Jason Sickel email@example.com
NEKMEA: Anne Neal firstname.lastname@example.org
NCKMEA: Jamie Rogers email@example.com
NWKMEA: Bill Schick firstname.lastname@example.org
SCKMEA: Gretchen Bixler and Ron Chronister email@example.com
SEKMEA: Mary Jo Harper firstname.lastname@example.org
SWKMEA: Shara Bane email@example.com
State Co-Chairs: Janelle Brower, Holly Taylor and Lynn Unruh firstname.lastname@example.org
UPCOMING DATES AND DEADLINES
Check out the KMEA State Calendar HERE.
Check out the KSHSAA music page HERE.
Check out KMEA District dates and deadlines for your District KMEA below:
Instructional ideas for Fall
Welcome to the classroom, whether it is in a face-to-face, digital or hybrid format! Let the learning begin!
We know you and your students want the experience to be comfortable, efficient and enjoyable. The following topics are important for getting school started and these links may provide insights you had not considered.
Influencing At-Risk Students Through Routine and Procedure (great points for all students)
*Be sure your direct supervisor and building principal are aware of and have approved your classroom management system*
MANY subject-specific groups are available on FaceBook, Instagram and Twitter. Several groups have members who offer FREE RESOURCES!
Don't forget - the August Mentoring Minute includes the resources that were shared at the Summer Mentoring Conference. They will be helpful throughout the year. Here is the LINK.
District Mentoring Chairs are here for questions, concerns, help/ideas on a specific topic and other forms of support. We will address your need in a manner that is comfortable for you!
REFER A FIRST YEAR TEACHER OR STUDENT TEACHER
Current Covid-19 Resources - Music
- Share updated administrator guidance with your principal.