Colrain Central School News
Where we learn by serving...
September 29, 2023
A Note From Mrs. Looman
- I will be away from Oct. 10-17. While I am gone, Mr. Bob Mahler will be filling in as principal. He will be here to meet with staff and students next week.
- We are working on planning for our All-School Hike this fall. More details to come soon.
- We are wrapping up our fall literacy screeners and will be holding our data team meetings in the next few weeks. Once those are completed, we will be sending out information to families about their child's screening results and any intervention plans we are putting in place.
- The weather has been all over the map this week! As we do not yet have the heat turned on in the building, please consider sending an extra layer of clothing for your child to keep in their locker. The building is often chilly in the morning and then warms up a bit with the sun.
- We will be having our first lockdown drill on October 20th. This drill is announced and students have the opportunity to ask questions either before or after the drill. We are very sensitive to how this feels to students and explain it in ways that are developmentally appropriate. Similar to a fire drill, we stress that this is something we practice to make sure everyone is safe and knows what to do. We do not go through potential scenarios and at no time do the police act in ways that would cause students to think it was an actual emergency event. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about our process or how we handle these drills.
From Leann Loomis, Director of Pupil Personnel Services
Parent Rights and Responsibilities workshop will be held Tuesday, October 3rd at 6:30 pm
In person at Mohawk Trail Regional and Virtually -
Annual Parent Rights and Responsibility Training
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/mby-cuxg-pkm
Or dial: (US) +1 276-695-5147 PIN: 369 643 542#
SEPAC is up and running. Be on the lookout for their next meeting date.
You will be receiving a letter in the mail with the Annual Rights and Responsibilities.
Special Education Contact Information
Director of Pupil Personnel Services
Assistant to Director of Pupil Personnel Services
Mohawk Trail District
Early Childhood Coordinator and Liaison
Mohawk Trail District
Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC)
About Mohawk Trail SEPAC
The Special Education Parent Advisory Council is an advisory group led by parents within our community. We are looking to support each other and help the school district to better serve its students. The SEPAC is open to all caregivers within the district with an IEP or 504 plan, and to interested members of the community. Please reach out to us to learn more!
We meet monthly via Zoom. Upcoming meetings: Sept 28, Oct 23, Nov 27 at 6:30 pm
We welcome caregivers, staff, and interested members of the community to learn about SEPAC and meet local families. The public meeting will be followed by a private caregiver support discussion.
Email us to learn more: email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MohawktrailSEPAC
10/3: LEC meeting @ 3:30
10/11: School Committee meeting @ 6:00
10/19: Fall data meeting day
10/25: Picture day
10/25: Mary Lyon Foundation Community Resource Fair at MTRS from 3:00-6:00
11/2: Fall conferences
11/3: Fall conferences
1:50 dismissals: 10/4, 10/18, 10/25
12:30 dismissals: 11/2, 11/3