FHR 5/3/2019 Update
SOLs, Chargers, Art Show, Baseball, Subs, Camp, PBIS
Parent Support Requested ~ Charging Chromebooks and Replacement Chargers
- We begin end of year state assessment season (commonly referred to as SOLs) on Monday. The schedule is above for your review. We do need your support in ensuring that your child(ren) comes to school each day with a learning device (chromebook) fully charged. Regardless of whether it is an assessment day, having an uncharged device on any day limits your child's ability to move around and engage in various types of activities as needed. Thank you for your support.
- Please note that on the device agreement that was signed, parents are responsible for lost chargers. This is simliar to losing a library book or textbook. If your child has lost his/her charger, or you would simply like to have another one to use at home, you may order a new charger by clicking here.
FHR's 1st Annual Art Show
- WHAT? All students, K-5, registered at FHR prior to April 26th, 2019, will have a piece of art on display in the halls around the school. Complete a gallery walk at FHR! We will also have art activities for families to complete (scratch art, an art scavenger hunt, photo art selfies, a coloring wall, and origami). We hope to see you there!
- WHEN? Thursday, May 9th
- What TIME? Stroll through the school any time between 5 and 7 PM.
- WHY? To celebrate the importance of the arts in school and to demonstrate that ALL children have artistic talent ~ Youth Art Month is actually in March but we are still celebrating.
- FREE ~ but the artwork is priceless!
- What about the Drama Show? Drama Kids is an after school enrichment program run by our PTA. At the conclusion of each enrichment session, the children do put on a performance. The performance will be on the same evening as our art show in the gym at 6 PM. This is a free event for anyone wishing to watch the performance.
Our PTA has planned daily tokens of appreciation for our faculty members next week. One of the most appreciated gifts by everyone in education is to simply feel appreciated. There is no better way to help someone feel appreciated than a handwritten note of thanks. Please consider writing simple thank you notes to all of those at FHR who work tirelessly for your child(ren) ~ from our car and bus duty staff members, custodians, cafeteria workers, front office staff, to our teachers. Thank you!
Readers As Leaders Baseball Game
The Tuscarora Baseball Team has partnered with FHR through Readers as Leaders to provide some individual literacy support to students through fun baseball themed games. It is now our time to show support and appreciation to the players by attending the Varsity Baseball game at Tuscarora High School on Monday, May 13th, 2019. FHR students participating in the program need to arrive at 5:30 PM and will be recongized on the field prior to the game beginning. The game begins at 6 PM.
Our Parents Make the BEST Substitutes
- Do you enjoy working with students?
- Do you want to be an A++ LCPS Substitute Teacher?
- Do you want to work in our schools?
Register today and attend a Job Fair on Thursday, May 30th from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm at Brambleton Middle School
How do I register?
1. Apply online to Vacancy Number IRC2696
2. Then register for the Substitute Job Fair
EXTREME Journey Summer Camp 2019
Principal Jochems' girls report that the Extreme Journey Summer Camp was their most favorite camp ever. For the upcoming summer, our very own Mr. Curtis will be a counselor at the camp. If financial assistance is needed, please contact Principal Jochems. More information on the camp is below and may be found here.