Is Technology a Necessity?
Technology is machinery and equipment developed from scientific knowledge, or in my definition- technology is pretty much computers, laptops, tablets, cell phones, etc. To some people, technology is a necessity because they think that our generation has to have things right at that very second, then yet, those are the impatient people. The patient people are willing to for what they need or want.
Burning More and More Fossil Fuels
- Companies are burning around 95.4% of fossil fuels to make energy for transportation.
- 66.4% of fossil fuels are being burned to make electricity.
- U.S. natural gas consumption in 2012 (by sector) was that 33% went to industrial use, 36% went to electrical power, 11% went to commercial use, and 3% went to transportation.
Fossil Fuels and Co2
- In 2011 global Co2 emissions grew 3% and scientists predicted that in 2012 it would grow another 2.6% to an estimated 35.6 billion metric tons.
- In 2012 in China Co2 emissions grew by 9.9% and in India they grew by 7.5%.
- The U.S. and Europe fell into the low category. The U.S. grew by 1.8% and Europe grew by 2.8%.
Co2 Leads to Global Warming
- In 2011 Co2 accounted for about 84% of U.S. greenhouse gas emissions.
- Co2 can live in the atmosphere from 50-200 years.
- Human activity alternates the carbon cycle by both adding and subtracting Co2.