Eagle Friday News and Notes
September 21, 2018
Jog A Thon!
Don't Forget: If we reach our Jog-a-Thon donation goal of $16,500 it has been decided that Mr. Foreman has to dress up as a CHICKEN in addition to a very fun, surprise school wide event!
Jog A Thon Schedule 9/26/18
3rd and 4th Grade Classes
• 8:45 am Kids Come Out
• Instructions (MC)
• Warm up on soccer field
• 9:05 am Start Run – Mr. Foreman walk first lap
• 9:35 am Break on Blacktop- cheers, snack
• 10:00 am Restart Run
• Pre-school starts – Mr. Foreman walk first lap
• 10:30 am Finish Run
K, 1st and 2nd Grade Classes
• 12:20 pm Kids Come Out
• Instructions (MC)
• Warm up in soccer field
◦ 12:40 pm Start Run – Mr. Foreman walks first lap
◦ 1:10 pm Break on Blacktop – cheers, snack
◦ 1:35 pm Restart Run
◦ 2:05 pm Finish Run
- Special thanks to our Jog-a-Thon sponsors
- We are still looking for classroom and day of volunteers for Jog-A-Thon make sure and sign up to count laps classroom cheer and general day Jog-A-Thon help at https://eaglepto.ivolunteer.com/
- Don’t forget to send in your donation sheets or donate money via PayPal, the class turning in the most envelopes wins a fun day of their choice (i.e crazy har, pj, hat day)!!!!!! You can also donate via Paypal at eag.zcs.k12.in.us
Contact Kristie Goehausen with any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 14: Dad's Club Tailgate 5:30-7:00 @ Jennings Field ZCHS Football
September 18: Dine to Donate at El Toro
September 25: PTO Meeting. 1:15
September 26: Jog-A-Thon (28th rain date)
October 4: eLearning Day and Parent Teacher Conferences
October 4th will be e-Day at the elementary level(middle schools are on e-Day on this date as well). Elementary teachers will offer conference times for parents from 11:10AM to 7:00PM.
October 5: Eagle Outdoor Learning Experience Install Date; Dad's Club Campout
October 9: End of 1st Quarter
October 10: ZEF Family Book Night at EE 6:00-7:00 PM (Be sure to sign up and check out more information in the section further down in this newsletter!)
October 15-19: Fall Break - No School
A Message from our PTO
- Enrichment Clubs - Math Club is available for sign up. Learn more on ivolunteer. https://eaglepto.ivolunteer.com/mathclub_2018#
- Book Fair is right around the corner, it is the week of 10/3-10/10 and ends with the Eve Bunting night. The volunteer times are updated and ready and we will train anyone who signs up! Also there will be a pre-order available for the new Wimpy Kid book “The Meltdown”. Please volunteer https://eaglepto.ivolunteer.com/bookfairfall_2018
- Bagels, Donuts and More Needed for the Fall Teacher/Staff Coffee Bar! We are treating our teachers/staff to a coffee bar on October 12th and we need your assistance with food donations. Please sign up using the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C054BACAE2EAA8-fall
- 2nd Grade Eagle Express is up and running don’t forget to mail your kids a letter. We would love volunteers to help the second graders pass out the mail go to link: https://eaglepto.ivolunteer.com/2volunteers_2018
- Online Student Directory - The Eagle Elementary online student directory has been updated with this year’s information provided by parents during registration. If you chose to be included in the directory you will receive an email with your login credentials. If you did not choose to be included but have changed your mind and would like access to the directory, please email email@example.com
- If you’d like to stay informed about Eagle events subscribe to text messages by texting @eaglepto to 81010. Like us on Facebook at Eagle Elementary PTO.
Family Book Club at Eagle-Please respond if you have done so already
**SAVE THE DATE: Family Book Club Night will be Wednesday, October 10th from 6-7pm**
All K-4 families, please complete the following form to RSVP for Eagle's Family Book Club before Monday, September 24. We will use this information to match an Eve Bunting book with your child. If you cannot attend October10th, you will still have an opportunity to participate in this family book study at home with your family.
What: Each K-4 student will be loaned an Eve Bunting title for 2 weeks. Books will come home with your child on Monday, September 24th. Before October 10th, enjoy reading the book as a family while focusing on comprehension through making meaning and connections. Your family is then invited to join us for a school-wide event where K-4 students will talk with other peers/families about the book their family read together.
Why: Eagle loves literacy, amazing authors, and facilitating family dialogue on shared topics/messages! We're also VERY excited about our community partnerships with Duke Energy, ZEF, and Butler that have allowed us to come together for this evening event.
How: This opportunity has been made possible through the support of Duke Energy, The Zionsville Education Foundation, and Butler College of Education. We also want to thank your young readers, continued family support, and the wonderful teachers at Eagle Elementary!
IMPORTANT: At the completion of the author study each child's book should be returned on the Family Book Club Night OR if you cannot attend - please send the book back to school with your child by October 12th.
We look forward to sharing this rich reading experience with your family. Thank you for your partnership in your child's education.
This coming week is celebrated as College Go Week! We will be including information and fun facts about college each morning on our announcements. Students will also be engaging in conversations about college throughout the week. Mark your calendars for Friday as staff and students are invited to wear their favorite college apparel.
Have a wonderful weekend!
We are no longer collecting bottle caps
School Lunch Information
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VOLUNTEERS
We value partnerships with our families and welcome parents and guardians to serve as volunteers in our schools. Each ZCS building offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities.
Field Trip Chaperones
Out of Town/Overnight Chaperones
Classroom Helpers (PTO parties/room parents)
After Prom Workers
Field Day/Jog-A-Thon Volunteers
Book Fair Sales/Athletic Ticket Sales
During the school day, all volunteers are expected to sign in at the front office. Prior to the volunteer opportunity, all volunteers must sign a Non-disclosure Acknowledgement Form and have successfully completed a Full Criminal History Background Check. Necessary background check paperwork is available on the ZCS website at the Volunteers/BRAVO link and should be submitted at least 10 days prior to the intended volunteer date. Volunteers must also view the state mandated confidentiality/bullying video, provided on the Volunteer/BRAVO website. The volunteer will pay the fee* for the full background check which will expire after 5 years. The link to apply for the full background check can be accessed on the Volunteers/BRAVO link on the ZCS main webpage. For more information, contact the Volunteer/BRAVO Coordinator.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VISITORS
During the school day, all visitors must enter via the front door and sign-in at the front office. Visitors need to be prepared to present a government issued photo ID which will be scanned against the National Sex Offender Registry. All visitors will be issued a visitor badge/tag to be worn inside the building at all times.
Classroom Guest Speakers
Classroom Special Events (Grandparent Day/Famous Hoosiers/etc.)
We ask that all visitors schedule an appointment to meet with teachers, counselors, administrators and all other staff members so that we may best serve everyone. Visitors other than parents/guardians must be prearranged and organized through the main office.
*ZCS thanks all volunteers for generous support of our youth and schools. Thank you, too, for supporting assurance of student and staff safety by completing and paying for a volunteer background check.