Ms. Wegley's Class News
May 13, 2013
* PLEASE TURN FIELD TRIP PERMISSION SLIPS IN BY WEDS. 5/15! (Read below) *
We are continuing our Energy unit. This week, students will be continuing to experiment with insulators to see which materials serve as the best insulators.
We will be reading chapters 7 & 8 in From The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler this week.
We are continuing to practice using adverbs. Our spelling/vocabulary tests will continue for The Mixed-Up Files. Students are doing a nice job studying for these!
Students are developing a second character in WEX and writing in detail to show how their characters react in different situations.
Fifth-grade math will be continuing to work through Unit 11, focusing on volume, capacity, weight, and surface area. The Unit 11 test will be coming up next week.
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Field Trip Permission Slips Due - Wednesday, 5/15
- Field Trip Money Due - Wednesday, 5/22
- Student Council Walk-a-Thon - Wednesday, 5/22
- 5th Grade Musical - Thursday, 5/23
- School Improvement Day - No School for students - Friday, 5/24
- Memorial Day - No School - Monday, 5/27
- Chicago Field Trip - Wednesday, 5/29
- Robert Crown - Thursday, 5/30