- Stimulants speed up your central nervous system.
- Stimulants cause increase in heart rate and breathing.
- Depressants slow down your central nervous system.
- Depressants cause slowed heart rate and breathing.
- Narcotics dull your senses and relive pain.
- Narcotics cause constricted pupils and numbness.
- Hallucinogens alter your perception thoughts and mood.
- Hallucinogens cause auditory hallucinations and dilated pupils.
- Inhalants are a fume or odor from a gas or vapor that you breath in on purpose for a mind altering effect.
- Inhalants cause lightheadedness and suffocation of lungs.