A weekly newsletter for LVES Parents
February 19, 2016 - Issue 24
UIL Awards Ceremony
Zack Shields Visit
Lucas Miller Visits on February 23rd
- 8:45 am - Kindergarten and 1st Grade
- 9:45 am - 2nd Grade
- 10:45 am - 3rd Grade
- 1:00 pm - 4th Grade
Father/Daughter Dance Tonight
LVISD Monthly Character Trait...
How are you showing Fairness? Read the Counselor's Corner to find out what students are learning about citizenship with Ms. Box.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services funded a project that researched children and their behavior. The following approaches were found to be effective in getting your children to cooperate with you more often than not.
To read the full article click on the link below:
1. Improve your relationship.
Children that have a good relationship with their parents may act out less. Do things with them, play with them, and show them love, respect, and admiration.
2. Focus on the positive.
Children learn best from praise and rewards. They crave the positive from the people that care for them. It is recommended that you should praise and reward behaviors you approve of often and consistently.
3. Set clear consequences.
When you want to stop a problem behavior decide on consequences ahead of time and talk to your children about them. Appropriate consequences are active ignoring, time outs, work chores, or removal of an activity or toy.
4. If needed, get professional help.
If you feel frustrated and are having difficulty managing your child’s behavior ask for help. You can contact your pediatrician, counselor, or the national referral hotline for resources (Dial 211).
- Monday, February 22nd - Jeff Olson
- Tuesday, February 23rd - Anthony Michetich
- Wednesday, February 24th - Mike Dohm
- Thursday, February 25th - Don Ditto
- Friday, February 26th - David Parsons
Weekly Attendance Rate
Remember our weekly goal is 97%, so please make sure that your child is at school everyday from 7:45-2:45.
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Kim Box, Counselor
Gina Carmichael, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Eric Holt, Assistant Principal
- February 23rd - Lucas Miller Show
- March 1st - Spring Choir Concert, 2 pm and 7 pm
- March 8th - LVES Family Fun Night @ PDQ, 4pm - 9 pm
- March 9th - Spring Pictures
- March 9th - TELPAS for 3rd and 4th grade students
- March 10th - TELPAS for 2nd grade students
- March 11th - Touch-a-Truck Day
- March 14th - 18th - SPRING BREAK