IT'S HOT HOT HOT!
Geothermal energy is heat from the earth. Its clean. Geothermal sources range from shallow ground and hot water to hot rock a few miles below the earths surface and even farther down to the magma.
A geothermal pump system pumps the heat into the air delivery system during the winter and does the reverse in the summer. Geothermal is used to heat and cool things such as buildings or machines and generate electricity.
Another source of alternative energy!
- Can be extracted WITHOUT burning fossil fuels
- Doesn’t disturb the ecosystem
- Does not cause tons of pollution
- Geothermal resources naturally reproduce
- Small footprint on land, most is built underground
- Available everywhere
- Can release hydrogen sulfide
- Disposal of geothermal fluids which may contain low levels of toxic materials
- In extreme cases can cause earthquakes
- Very costly: $3000-$5000
- Only sustainable in reservoirs that are properly maintained