School Library System
October 9, 2015
A Note From Jen and Jane
- Name of the person the item is going to (or “library” if no name is known)
- Name of the school
- Name of the district
Proper labeling and packaging is essential to ensure timely delivery and protection of all materials.
We have created courier labels that can be taped to all envelopes http://libguides.questar.org/ld.php?content_id=6979810.
Ready to Read at New York Libraries
From the Division of Library Development at the New York State Library:
The New York State Library has added several new resources to the Ready to Read at New York Libraries website, on the Early Literacy Resources page.
- ABC Mouse is an online education initiative to help children be ready for school. It is free for libraries, Head Start programs, and public and private schools.
- Jbrary is a blog with great storytime resources, including YouTube playlists and ideas about using puppets, music, dance, and more.
- Storytime Underground is a peer community for storytime staff and includes storytime resources, Storytime University for professional development, and a place to ask questions.
We have also added a new resource under Head Start to our Partner Organizations page.
- Early Essentials is a series of 9 videos from the Early Head Start National Resource Center that offer key messages and helpful resources for working with young children. The videos cover a variety of early childhood topics such as components of quality service, school readiness, expectant families, and language development.
Don't Miss the Celebration!
Attention Learn360 Schools
We are thrilled to announce that this winter, Learn360 is relaunching with a new, state-of-the-art platform and exciting new content and tools!
These enhancements will make Learn360 an even more powerful tool for flipped classrooms, blended learning, project-based learning, and 1:1 environments.
View a sneak peek PDF and a preview video to learn more!
ENYSLMA's Be the Illustrator! Event
- Mary Donohue, Fulton Montgomery Community College, presenting on assessing your library to keep it relevant
- Doug Bixler, Schenectady County Public Library, presenting on branding your library and keeping it relevant in the community
- Enid Geyer, Albany Medical College, presenting on staying relevant and embracing change for improvement