Eastview Elementary School - August 2018
"Come Grow with Us"
We are excited about the 2018-2019 school year and the many academic, extracurricular, and cocurricular opportunities for students to excel at Eastview. These include classroom activities, performing arts, clubs and organizations.
I would like to encourage our parents to be actively involved in our school. Our Parent Teacher Organization is always in need of parent input. Information regarding our first PTO meeting of the year can be found below. We also have numerous opportunities to view students in action. Open House, music performances, art shows, volunteering in classes, and other events are great times to meet with staff and view student work! Also, please follow me on Twitter @PrincipalSmall for the most update information.
Feel free to stop in to see me and to share with me your views and needs. I look forward to working together with you to continue our journey to excellence!
First Day Reminders
As you know, Wednesday is the first day of school. We are so excited to have all of you here. We believe it will be another fantastic year at Eastview! Here are a some reminders:
- The front doors open at 7:30. Students are welcome to wait in the gymnasium until the 7:50 bell.
- If you are dropping your child off in the morning, please do not block the drive. If you would like to walk your child into school the first day, you are welcome to park in the front lot. There are also spaces on the north and south end of our building.
- If there are any transportation changes, please call the school office at 825-5541 before 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Please keep in mind that it tends to be less confusing if students ride to and from school the way they typically will during the school year on the first day. The teachers will spend a lot of time teaching these procedures on the first day.
- If you are sending in lunch money, please put it in a sealed envelope with your child's name on it.
- Car rider dismissal will begin at 2:30 in the south lot. Please have your car number hanging on the car visor. We will do our best to make this procedure go quickly. However, it will take some extra time during the first few days of school.
I would like to acknowledge our custodians, Gary Patterson and Doug Keller for all of their hard work this summer. Our building looks better than ever, and it's due in large part to their efforts!
We would like to welcome our newest staff members here at Eastview. They are:
Andrea Creek - Head Start Teacher
Missy Crowe - 2nd Grade Teacher
Mikayla Smith - 5th Grade Teacher
Katie Swininger - 5th Grade Teacher
Lindsey Dye - Head Start Assistant
Vanessa Willis - Head Start Assistant
We are thoroughly excited about the new additions to our staff. We have found top-notch educators. We know that they will all do great things for our students!
If your phone number or emergency contact number changes during the school year, please contact our school secretary, Mrs. Jones, at 825-5541with that information. It is vital that we can contact you, especially in the event of an emergency. Thank you for your help with this matter.
Our first PTO meeting of the year is August 29 at 5:00 p.m. Please join us! The Eastview T-Shirts that many of you ordered at registration will be ordered soon. We will notify you when they arrive. Also, please wait to send in Boxtops for Education.