Suamico Staff News
Week of January 6 - 10
Ryan's Schedule This Week:
8:00 am - Collaboration with Molly
9:30 am - Digital Transformation Meeting (TLC)
11:00 am - Help with teacher interviews at Bay Harbor
7:40 am - PLC Meetings (Meet with your teams...see below)
8:30 am - Administrative Mid-Year Meeting (Rock Garden)
6:30 pm - PTO Meeting
7:30 am - Collaboration with Janet
7:45 am - BLT Meeting (Conference Room)
10:30 am - LEAN Project planning with Dennis (District Office)
12:30 pm - Educator Effectiveness Meeting (FG)
3:40 pm - Suamico Staff Meeting (Library)
Thursday (WALK THE HALLS)
9:00 am - Walk the Halls
2:30 pm - Teacher observation
3:00 pm - Walk the Halls
9:00 am - Ryan / Amy / Lani Collaboration (Library)
Next Guided Reading Study (CANCEL 1/7/2014)
The next Guided Reading Study will take place in the library on Tuesday, January 21 from 7:40-8:25 am during PLC time. Please bring your Fountas and Pinnell article and Jan Richardson book!
I am canceling the 1/7/2014 meeting so that you can have time to meet with your PLC teams. Since mid-year SLO reviews are due by February 15, I understand that you will need some time with your teams and am willing to back off of the Guided Reading study to allow you the time you need.
You have five options for completing your running records. The option that your team chooses must be approved by Ryan Welnetz prior to assessments beginning. To see your choices, click here, then send Ryan an e-mail with your team's choice.
- By district policy, students are not allowed to go to recess if the air temperature OR wind chill is below zero.
- All schools monitor temperatures on a common local website. Every school has the same information when we are making a decision about whether to stay in or go out.
- The decision is made by office personnel - not lunchroom / playground supervisors. The LR/PG supervisors follow the directives given to them by the office.
- Decisions are made based on district policy AND what is in the best interest of the SAFETY of our students.
- Finally, if there is a doubt about whether it is safe to go outside or not, the decision is made to NOT go outside. Student safety is the priority.
Lockdown Drill / Emergency Situations
Additionally, if you in year 1 or year 3 of the observation cycle, a formal observation has to be completed. Year 1 teachers (Arndt, Bender, Birder, Bortz, Hallam, Nigbur, Nyquist, Socha, White, Yurk) have to formally schedule these observations. Year 3 teachers (Ehmke, Hanson, Hendrickson, Werlein) have unannounced formal observations. Formal observations usually take from 45-60 minutes. Year 2 teachers (Culligan, Held, LaFrombois, Mikle, Murphy, Prien, Vissers) only require an informal observation.
Please let me know if you have questions. Thanks!
Upcoming - Educator Effectiveness
Due by February 15 - Mid-Year SLO Review. See e-mail sent by me on January 2. Your mid-year SLO review should discuss what your team has done to address the goal AND how you have addressed the goal in your own classroom.
Due by February 15 - Student / Client Survey (2nd time). More information will be released soon about this part of the evaluation process.
Please see Ryan if you have questions.