PEEK AT THE WEEK
GSRP Staff News September 19th-23rd
Off to a Great Start!
Welcome to our Newest Staff
- Erin O'Connor is our new speech pathologist for our program and for the ECSE classroom. We are so happy to have Erin join our GSRP staff!
- Tosca Trout will be joining the staff as the ECS for our ECSE/GSRP classroom. Tosca is a GISD employee and serves several district in our county.
- Room 1- Joy Howard is our new child care provider in our ECSE/GSRP classroom. Joy comes to us with experience from St. John's Montessori preschool and Children's Garden in Grand Blanc.
- Room 2- Melissa Schwab is our new lead teacher in room 2. Melissa is a former kindergarten teacher in Mt. Morris and GSRP teacher in Livingston County.
- Room 4- Alicia Hoban is our new associate teacher in room 4. Alicia has lead teacher preschool experience from a tuition based preschool program in Grand Blanc.
- Jodie Spicko is joining our staff as a building child care provider. She has previous experience working in Davison as a Title I parapro. We are thrilled to have her back.
We also have two existing staff members taking on new positions. Mrs. Adrienne Vickerman is taking on the role of the associate teacher in room 2. Mrs Susan Clase is taking on the role of associate teacher in room 1.
Everyone is off and running and fitting nicely into their new roles. Please take a moment to welcome new staff and get to know them.
Arrival and Dismissal Valet
Early Release Day
- MERT team- We will be going over our staff MERT team plan so that everyone is aware of the procedures that should take place in the case of a medical emergency.
- A word from our ECS- Heather will be sharing some information from the MDE and GISD regarding curriculum.
- Parent Advisory Meeting (curriculum night)- Our first of three required parent advisory meetings will take place next Thursday, September 29th. Our agenda will include curriculum, assessments, and schedules in the GSRP classrooms. All staff are expected to attend and will be compensated. Please see me if you are unable to participate. Child care and pizza will be provided for families. We will be planning specifics on Wednesday.
- Classroom Cooking Themes- Susan
- 2017 Field trip to William's property in conjunction with For Mar on the Road- Susan
- Preschool Intersession- Susan
- 2016 Michigan Early Childhood State Conference- Susan
- GSRP certified and non-certified staff PD- Susan