Cook for the cold days!
Cooking in liquid methods
New Orleans Seafood Gumbo
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 8 oz (250g) okra, sliced
- 14 oz (400g) canned plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1lb (500g) peeled prawns - large
"Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic until softened. Add the peppers and okra and cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, allspice, and cayenne pepper and simmer for about 25 minutes, until the gumbo is thickened. Add the prawns — heat through and serve with boiled rice."