September 6, 2018
Week just started and it's already almost Friday!!!!
"TO DO" REMINDERS:
- Eduphoria Uploads-Mrs. Hoover will start reviewing all certificates and required trainings have been completed. Please make sure you have uploaded all of your documents.
- Teacher Webpage-All webpages should be updated and complete with schedule, picture, short biography. Mrs. Hoover will start review the completeness of this so please make sure it's done.
- Break Habits Book Study-Chapter One Strand has been completed! Please look there and complete yours, then read & respond to others :). Due by September 11th.
- Key Checkout-Don't forget I have exterior door keys for checkout if you need to work on the weekend, but you need to let me know in advance.
- Loss of Recess-Please remember that I do NOT like students to miss out on their 20 minute recess time, especially not as a consequence. There are alternative consequences such as lunch or after school detentions. If there are individual concerns for students/groups of students then you need to see Dr. Youngberg or Mrs. Cristan. Thank you for encouraging recess time and all that it promotes! (see below
- ESL Folder on Google will be shared next week no later than September 12th. Please fill out before the end of the day on September 17th. Any questions or concerns on the ESL students to please come and see Ms. Hoover.
- Education Galaxy is ready to go. Any problems with creating classes please see Ms. Hoover.
- SMART Notebook Software-Just a heads up that the SMART Notebook software will be uploaded soon!
- Looking for a LEAD MENTOR. I'm looking for a teacher to be a lead mentor. They will basically help with some instructional coaching and attend some training with Mrs. Dennis. There is no stipend, but subs will be provided for the work you do. If you are interested, please email me.
SAFE SCHOOLS TRAININGS
INTERNATIONAL DOT DAY!
From Mrs. Villarreal
Teachers: I will need two student representatives from your home room to be the designated Anchored 4 Life Team Members (1 boy and 1 girl). The students you choose will help new students transition into their new school, show them where things are in our building (school tours), sit with them at lunch, play with them at recess, and introduce them to new friends. Please send me their name and home room. Remember to pick one girl and one boy that can handle this assignment. I will then give you Team Member lanyards that the student will wear when they are giving a tour.
From Mrs. Cristan
Everyone is doing a great job at reinforcing cafeteria procedures.
- One class at a time.
- Wait your turn at the trash can.
- Dispose of items.
- Place the tray at the end of the table.
Thank you for picking up your students on time from the cafeteria.
- The paraprofessionals appreciate getting to their lunch on time.
Bluff Buy Store:
- Grand Opening is next week.
- Keep reinforcing those procedures.
- If you need more Bluff Bucks email Kelly Leal in the workroom.
After school dismissal is going great:
- Thank you for assisting with your assigned groups and helping with the monitoring of the students.
- 3rd grade and 4th grade car pick-up: The lines are flowing and we are shaving off time – great job!
- Tx Communities Studies Weekly should be delivered by today.
- Math 2.0 TEKS practice for 3rd and 4th will be delivered by next week.
Coach Ashley Foreman's Baby Shower
Tuesday, Sep. 11th, 3:15am-4pm
Elementary Common Area
SIGN UP FOR SECRET PALS BY SEPTEMBER 16TH
This Week's Calendar
6 Hurst Baby Shower
11 Patriot Day-Wear Red, White, Blue
11 Coach Foreman Baby Shower
12 Jazzy Bee Meeting 6pm in Elementary Common Area
13-20 Book Fair
14 International Dot Day Celebration-Book Fair
17 Constitution Day
CHECK OUT MRS. DENNIS' GOOGLE SITE FOR TEACHERS!
Mrs. Dennis has created a great PD site for us! Please log on and check it out. She will include "challenges" and you know how we love those. Fun AND VERY QUICK way to get some professional development and show off what you're doing in class! All the videos she puts on there are 3 minutes or less.
Her current challenge is to turn post on Padlet your rules and procedures as "Total Physical Response" (TPR) or in a 'Visual Format!"
If you accept this challenge, but want me to do your posting just send me the picture or let me know and I'll come video the TPR!!!! Come on...it'll be fun!