NWHS Back To School Information
Orientation Day is Thursday, August 18
Who should attend orientation?
All currently enrolled high school students at Northwest.
What will you be able to do at orientation?
- Get your class schedule and locker assignments - teachers will not be in their rooms on this day but you can see where your classrooms and lockers are.
- School photos - Lifetouch will be on site taking 2022-23 school photos that will be used for your student ID, the yearbook and will be available to order. You can order online at mylifetouch.com with your student ID # or use the picture day ID: EVTZGCV3 or complete the paper order form that will be available.
- Get your 2022-23 parking pass
- Take care of any outstanding fees/fines (these can be seen in PowerSchool)
- Purchase your 2022-23 athletic pass - available from 8:00 am - 3:00 in the athletic office
- Order your 2022-23 yearbook
- Parents/guardians can create their required PowerSchool account which allows you to register your student, update contact information and sign forms
- Club sign ups may be available at this time
When can you come to orientation?
Last Name beginning with A - C from 8:00 am – 9:00 am
Last Name beginning with D - G from 9:00 am – 10:00 am
Last Name beginning with H - J from 10:00 am – 11:00 am
CLOSED 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Last Name beginning with K - O from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Last Name beginning with P - S from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Last Name beginning with T - Z from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
CLOSED 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Open orientation from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm for anyone who can not attend the above times
What if you are not able to attend orientation?
- Your class schedule will be available on PowerSchool starting on August 22nd or you can pick up a copy of it at Open House/Back to School Night on August 22nd from 5:00 - 6:30.
- School photos - Lifetouch will be back for a second picture day opportunity on September 6th during the school day and again on October 18th for a retake day. You can order online at mylifetouch.com with your student ID # or use the picture day ID: EVTZGCV3 or complete the paper order form that will be available in the office.
- Parking passes can be purchased in the office or online here
- Fees/fines can be paid online using efunds. (you can see your fees/fines in PowerSchool) or in the main office.
- Athletic passes will be available for purchase in the athletic office or at Open House/Back to School Night
- You can order your yearbook online or by seeing Miss Hade once school starts.
- Parents/guardians can always go to the nwschools.org webiste to create their required PowerSchool account which allows you to register your student, update contact information and sign forms.
For any other questions please call the office at 517-817-4854
Other Important Information
UPDATED Medication Policy
In order to be in compliance with our Board Policy, we will be requiring this form to be completed for all prescriptions and over the counter student medication.
Please note that this form will require a physician signature for each medication that your student will be taking at school. We will no longer be taking a pharmacy labeled bottle without a physician signature. This new form will also be used for any medication that is self-administered or self-carried by your student.
The nurse will be available this week in the high school office for medication drop off from 7:15 AM - 2:15 PM. NO MEDICATIONS will be accepted/administered without the authorization form signed by a physician. Medications MUST be brought in by a parent, NOT the student.
- 7:30 AM - 2:25 PM
Early Release Schedule (Wed)
- 7:30 AM - 1:25 PM
Half Day Schedule
- 7:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Important Dates For First Trimester:
- 18 - Orientation Day
- 22 - Open House/Back to School Night 5:00 - 6:30pm
- 24 - First Day of School - 1/2 Day - Dismissal at 11:00 am
- 2-5 - No School - Labor Day Weekend
- 6 - Picture Day
- 16 - Homecoming
- 19-23 - Hunger Bowl Week
- 23 - Hunger Bowl - V. Football Game vs. Western
- 3-7 - Mountie Mission Cancer Awareness Week
- 11 - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 17 - No School
- 18 - Picture Retake Day
- 18 - 1/2 Day - Dismissal at 11:00 am - Last Day of Trimester 1