May 24, 2023
June 8, 2023
CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2023
- June 8 Last Day to Pick-up Medication from School Nurse
- June 8 Last Day of School for Students
- June 10 Relay for Life for Charles County
- June 14 Flag Day
- June 15 Report Cards Posted
- June 18 Happy Father's Day
- June 19 Juneteenth Holiday, Schools and Offices Closed
- August 28 First Day of School for Students K-12, SY 23-24
SCHOOLS OUT FOR THE SUMMER!
We hope our students have a safe and enjoyable summer taking time to rest and recharge. We also want our students to take advantage of free summer enrichment opportunities. There is FEV virtual tutoring as well as free SAT prep opportunities. For a full list please visit: https://sites.google.com/fevtutor.com/charles-county-summer-tutoring/summer-22-23
The 2022-2023 yearbook staff has been hard at work but, unfortunately, were unable to complete the book in time for spring delivery. Yearbooks will be delivered over the summer, and we will send a distribution email once the books arrive.
Books are still available to purchase through the Yearbook Order Center. Our school’s job number is 13660. Celebrate with your student and relive the special moments of the year.
Thank you for your patience,
The 2022-2023 Spartan Yearbook Staff
Have a fun and safe summer! We look forward to seeing our returning students in August.
- Fall Pre-season meeting will be held on July 27, at 6:00 pm in the auditorium. Fall sports will start on August 9 for tryouts/practices.
- Online Sports registration will open on June 16 for SY 2023/24 sports registration.
- The St. Charles High School Athletic Department will host its second annual "CPL Patrick P.J. Mann Athletic Scholarship" Golf Tournament on Friday, August 18, at Swann Point. All proceeds go back to our student-athletes from SCHS. We will fund four one-thousand-dollar scholarships each year to four of our student-athletes.
- See the flyer for more information or click here to complete registration form. There will be a raffle, silent auction, door prizes, and luncheon after all golfers finish the course.
If your student has any medications in the health room, they need to be Picked up by 6/8/23 by 2pm. A parent or guardian will need to pick them up. If you are unable to do this and need to make special arrangements, please contact the school nurse. If no arrangements are made and medications are left after the last day of school, the medications will be destroyed and properly disposed of.
JROTC Cadet Leadership Course
North Point High School JROTC will hold their annual JROTC Cadet Leadership Course (CLC) from 26-30 June 2023. CLC is an introductory JROTC program designed to give students a sampling of JROTC activities and a jump-start on the school year. The program is open to all in-coming high school students, but is highly recommended for students who are considering taking JROTC in the coming school year. A typical day will include light physical fitness, drill and ceremony, and classroom instruction on topics such as leadership fundamentals, goal setting, time management, and being a successful student. Field trips are also a big part of the program and will be scheduled throughout the week. The training will start each morning at 7:30 am and end at 4:00 pm. Optional gym time or group activity time will be available 4:00 to 6:00 pm. Instructors will be on-site for drop-off as early as 6:00 am each morning. The cost for CLC is $150.00 per cadet. This fee covers lunch and a snack each day, CLC uniform items, and field trip transportation. Transportation to and from NPHS is the responsibility of the parent/guardian. Space is limited (first-come-first-serve), so get your spot reserved as soon as possible, no later than 5 June 2023. Contact Lt Col Jonathan Brown, North Point JROTC program, for registration forms and additional details (firstname.lastname@example.org/301-934-7482).
Meet our counseling center staff and view more information on the services available by visiting our school website, click here.
College and Career Center
The College & Career Center provides students the opportunity to research information about careers, colleges, universities, technical/trade/career schools, apprenticeship programs, military service, financial aid, scholarships, volunteer opportunities, and job opportunities. For additional information click here or stop by and speak with Mrs. Malherek, College and Career Advisor.
Student Debts: All elevator keys need to be turned into Mrs. Brickey, Financial Secretary, by the last day of school, June 8, to receive your deposit back. If the key is not returned, you will forfeit your deposit and incur a $5.00 debt that will need to be paid. Student debts carry over into the next school year which will have an impact on you being able to attend homecoming or prom.
Early Dismissal: If a birth parent or legal guardian (appointed by the courts) is sending someone to pick up his/her child early from school for any reason, he/she must send a written note/email indicating who will be picking up the student and giving consent. Upon receiving the note from the birth parent or legal guardian, the school will then verify its authenticity and check ID of the adult who signs the student out of the building (see the St Charles High School Student Handbook, pg. 12)
Emergency Contact: Listing an emergency contact does not allow the individual to pick up a student at any given time in a non-emergency situation without prior written authorization from the birth parent/legal guardian (per the Charles County Public Schools Handbook: Emergency Card (2022-2023) Maria V. Navarro, Ed.D. Superintendent of Schools, pg. 2).
- Deliveries for students are prohibited. Per the county's parent handbook, students are not allowed to receive outside food deliveries. Deliveries from Grub Hub, Door Dash, Uber Eats, Food Scooter, etc. Food deliveries of any kind will be turned away by our main office staff. Deliveries of balloons, cakes, flowers, etc. for students will be stored in the main office until dismissal.
- Free Breakfast is available for all students each school day from 7:10-7:25 am. MyPaymentsPlus is available to monitor your student's lunch account balance and spending.
- CCPS 24-hour information line is available 301-934-7410 or 301-392-6656, or website at www.ccboe.com. for school closing information.
- The Attendance Secretary is not responsible for robocalls. They are auto-generated and go out for excused and unexcused absences.
- To check your student's absences, go to ParentVUE and look under "Attendance". If your student is marked absent, and you know they are present, please reach out to the teacher directly in ParentVUE.
- Students are only allowed 4.5 absences for extracurricular eligibility each quarter. If absent, they need to bring a note from a parent, doctor, etc. in a timely manner.
- Attendance notes need to be submitted within 5 days of absence to be excused.
- Please clearly print the student's FIRST and LAST name, student ID number, and include the dates absent. All notes must have a parent's signature.
- Requests for administrative approval of absences must be sent to the respective grade level administrator at least 2 weeks in advance.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN?
- Networking: Get connected with parents, teachers, students and community members to be an advocate for your scholar.
- Stay in the Know: Stay up to date on the latest news, events and activities for your scholar's grade level and beyond.
- Get involved: Look for ways to get involved, boost participation and build positive synergy around St Charles High School!
To join PSTO please complete the form below. If you have questions or need more information, please contact us at PTSO.SCHS@gmail.com.