CN Jr/Sr HS WeAreOne
November 3, 2017
Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings. ...
During the month of November, as a family, we work on a gratitude journal of some sort that we talk about during dinner or bedtime, depending on our daily schedule. I wanted something different this year, something that helped us focus on different areas of our lives each day, and a co-worker & Facebook friend shared this one. I don't know if this is something you do or have done in the past, but it's a great way for me personally and our family to really focus on how much we have to be grateful for.
This week was kind of crazy here at school and there were some bumps in the road. I practiced having a positive attitude like I talked about in my newsletter last week and also focused each day on something I am grateful for. It made a difference for me. I’m going to share part of my list with you each week through the month of November and focus on the theme of gratitude in the newsletters for the month.
1. What smell are you grateful for today?
The sweet smell of babies! I love the way a baby smells after a bath all lotioned up. And I love the memories these smells bring to mind of my own babies.
2. What technology are you grateful for?
iPhones - I don't know how we ever lived without these things. They can be distracting, but also so connecting.
3. What color are you grateful for?
This time of year, the golds and oranges. The colors of Fall make my heart happy!
4. What food are you most grateful for?
Pizza - most Friday's we have pizza night & family time. Sometimes we are at a game, sometimes we are snuggled up under blankets watching a movie. I look forward to this time together as a family.
5. What sound are you grateful for today?
Laughter - sometimes it is the best medicine!
6. What in nature are you grateful for?
7. What memory are you grateful for?
8. What book are you most grateful for?
9. What place are you most grateful for?
10. What taste are you grateful for today?
11. What holiday are you grateful for?
12. What texture are you grateful for?
13. What abilities are you grateful for?
14. What sight are you grateful for today?
15. What season are you grateful for?
16. What about your body are you grateful for?
17. What knowledge are you grateful for?
18. What piece of art are you grateful for?
19. What touch are you grateful for today?
20. Who in your life are you grateful for?
21. What song are you most grateful for?
22. What story are you grateful for?
23. What tradition are you grateful for?
24. What challenge are you grateful for?
25. What moment this week are you most grateful for?
26. What form of expression are you most grateful for?
27. What small thing that you use daily are you grateful for?
28. What small thing that happened today are you grateful for?
29. What friend/family member are you grateful for today?
30. What talent or skill do you have that you are grateful for?
Grateful November Challenge
I invite you to try focusing on Gratefulness for the month of November. I have shared the above list on Canvas if you would like to us it, or there are many other options. Gratitude isn't an assignment, but a habit. A habit that needs to be practiced and nurtured to truly make a difference in all aspects of our lives.
11/9 - Jr High Sports Banquet
11/10 - Veteran's Day Program
11/10 - Jr High Dance
General Diploma Waiver: A waiver was created for the general diploma to be included in the federal graduation rate calculation. The public comment period closes December 2. Please review the waiver and submit a comment if you'd like.
Click on the link below for this week's athletic events: