CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Monday, August 6th
Principal's Notes and Highlights
A CSA Lincoln parent shared this photo with me and I had to pass it along. She said Grady was pretty excited about the recent updates to our playground!
Anxiousness, nervousness, and excitement are all common emotions associated with the beginning of a new school year. I'm sure many of our kindergarten parents are experiencing all of those on a heightened level. I would say not to worry, but who am I kidding? You're still going to worry.
I would like to touch on the feeling of hope. Grady may be hoping the playground finishes sooner than later, but I immediately thought of hope in a more general sense when I saw this picture. We should start each year hoping for great things to happen. We should promise to do our very best to ensure that each child not only has a positive experience, but is successful. Each child that walks through our doors on Wednesday deserves a fresh start and to be loved like they are one of our own. I believe that is their hope. It is up to us (teachers, staff, counselor, parents, and myself) to make sure it happens. I know we are up to the challenge.
- Open House is tomorrow night from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- The Columbus Fire Department will be helping greet students on the first day of school. They came a few years ago, and I thought it was a nice way to start our school year. I appreciate them taking time out of their schedule to make a positive impact with our students.
- I have included a video on how to locate your bus transportation information. Bus drivers will be available at Open House to field additional questions.
- Reminder to be patient on the first few days regarding bus arrival times to your home. Everything runs slower.
- Arrival and Dismissal Changes (abbreviated version).
Car Rider Line through the playground will be ready for Wednesday.
AM- No changes to car rider, bus riders or walker procedures.
PM- No changes to walkers or car riders. Bus riders will be picked up in the car line.
- Also included is a video from Dr. Roberts regarding updates to BCSC's safety and security measures. If you notice, part of it was filmed at our school! Our school already utilizes a single point of entry and maintains locked doors throughout the day. We have plans and processes in place to ensure that our large group events like the "Grand" Reading Event and Veterans Day Convocation will continue as they have in the past. I have already met with our SRO, Officer Julie Quesenbery, to review our safety measures. Staff will be reviewing them at tomorrow's work day and we will conduct drills over the next two weeks.
See you tomorrow!
Restricted Area- Playground
OPEN HOUSE- Tuesday, August 7th 5:30-6:30 p.m.
All are welcome between 5:30-6:30 p.m.
If you are a new family to CSA Lincoln, please be sure to visit
the welcome table in the gym on the first floor.
We will be available to help complete lunch and textbook
assistance forms if needed.
Bus drivers, iCare, Girls on the Run and Trailblazers will be available to answer your
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures- Changes to PM procedures
Arrival (No Changes)
Please do NOT bring your child to school before 7:30 AM.
Do NOT drop off in front of the school on 5th Street or west of the school on Pearl.
Only BCSC buses are allowed to drop off in front of the school.
Come North on Pearl Street (if you come south on Lafayette you will be caught up in the Central traffic.)
Enter the playground area that runs behind the school and turn south on the east side of the building
Drop off your student and turn LEFT ONLY out of the campus (this will prevent jams at the 4-way stop).
PM Dismissal Procedures
Dismissal- NEW 2018!
Buses will use the car line for PM dismissal only. They will go through the line FIRST.
Please do NOT line up for pick-up before 2:30 PM.
Please have your number hanging from your mirror!
Do NOT pick up in front of the school on 5th Street or west of the school on Pearl.
Follow the same traffic pattern as for Arrival (again, if you come south on Lafayette to 6th Street, you will be caught in a mess with Central traffic!)
Students will wait until their numbers are called to come to your vehicle.
Students will load in the right side of the car only.
Again, you will exit to the LEFT only out of the campus.
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community