Message From Central Road School
Mrs. Joanna Shostachuk, School Principal
A Note from Mrs. Shostachuk 10/09/2022
Dear Central Road Families:
Students have been diving into reading, writing, science, social studies, and math more deeply as units of study are fully underway. I witnessed a great deal of hands on learning this week in our classrooms. It brings great joy seeing the "light go on" when new concepts are introduced and understood. We too thank our PTA for providing our Day of Awesomeness. Fun was had by all and a nice way to end our week. We appreciate you taking the time to read and review our weekly communication. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out for support and/or clarification. Please enjoy the long weekend with family and friends. We will see our students back at school on Wednesday, October 12th. We look forward to an amazing month of October!
Important Dates to Remember
- Monday, October 10-NO School
- Tuesday, October 11-NO School
- Tuesday, October 11 - Moving 15 Forward at Winston Campus Junior High
- Wednesday, October 12-Back to School for all!
- Thursday, October 13 - Moving 15 Forward at Plum Grove Junior High
- Thursday, October 13 - D15 Mental Health Awareness Night
- Friday, October 14-Early Release Dismissal at 3:05 pm
- October 15 - School Physical Exams, Eye Exams, and Immunization Forms Due
- Wednesday, October 19-Picture Re-Take Day
- Wednesday, October 19-Portillos Fundraiser 5-8 pm sponsored by our PTA
- Wednesday, October 19 - Board of Education Meeting
- Thursday, October 20 - Moving 15 Forward Meeting at Carl Sandburg Junior High
- Friday, October 21-Early Release Dismissal @3:05 pm
- Tuesday, October 25 - Moving 15 Forward Meeting at Walter R. Sundling Junior High
- Friday, October 28-Early Release Dismissal @3:05 pm
- Friday, October 28-Fall Dance at CR 5:00-7:00 pm
- Monday, October 31-Happy Halloween (Students may wear costumes to school)
Visit the District 15 Calendar for more information!
Illustrative Math Parent Resources
This year, we fully adopted Illustrative Mathematics as our district curricular resource for math. Illustrative Math is a problem-based core curriculum designed to address content and practice standards to foster learning for all. Students learn by doing math, solving problems in mathematical and real-world contexts, and constructing arguments using precise language. You can find a letter for each grade-level and unit to help support you in understanding the progression of learning your child will be engaging in along with questions and support at home.
School Bus Safety & Expectations
Central Road's Fall Dance-Sponsored by our PTA
Click on link below to sign up to volunteer. Thank you for helping!
Halloween-Monday, October 31st
Please take a moment to review our plan for Monday, October 31st. Thank You
Fall Spirit Week Information
Thank you for reviewing our exciting plan for the week of October 31st. Thank You*Fall Spirit Week
Monday, October 31st-Happy Halloween-Wear your costume to school
Tuesday, November 1st-Tired Tuesday-Wear your cozy pajamas
Wednesday, November 2nd-Wolves Wednesday-Wear your favorite CR wear
Thursday, November 3rd-Tourist Thursday-Dress like a tourist or wear your favorite item from a trip
Friday, November 4th-Fan Friday-Support your favorite sports team
Thank A Staff Member
A Note from the Central Road Health Office
Please email me with any questions related to your child's health needs at school.
Nurse Angelica email@example.com
Contact Information for Central Road School
Welcome to Central Road Elementary School, Home of the Wolves!
We are located at 3800 Central Road Rolling Meadows, IL 60008-2554.
Our main office phone number is 847-963-5100. Our Absence Line is 847-963-5101.
Principal: Mrs. Shostachuk 847-963-5105 firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Green 847-963-5104 email@example.com
Elementary Secretary: Mrs. Rogers 847-963-5180 firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Clerical: Mrs. Aguilar email@example.com
School Nurse: Mrs. Caballero firstname.lastname@example.org