Steps You Can Take To Protect Your Identity, Before & After
- Place an Initial Fraud Alert: This will make it hadrer for the fraud to open other accounts in your name.
- Order Credit Reports: This will create a record of your communications in order to stop the theft and make it easier to get your money back.
- Create an Identity Theft Report: This can stop a company from collecting debts and removing fraudulent information removed from your credit report.
All information was retreived from the Federal Trade Commisions website.
Having your identity stolen can be as easy as trusting your information with the wrong online shoping organization.
Easier Now Than Ever Before
Credit cards are considered one of the best ways to get your money back if you were a victim of identity theft.
Keeping Your Identity Safe
- Be Alert of Impersonators: Know who you are giving your information to.
- Safely Dispose of Personal Info: Make sure your information is not left on any technological devices, receipts, ect.
- Don't Overshare On the Social Network: Keep your phone number, adress and other personal things to yourself (where you've spent money), ect.
- When you go out, limit what you carry on you.
- Before you hsare information with a buiness or cooperation, ask why they need it.
- Read privacy policies and be careful with what wi-fi you use.