A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of September 3, 2018
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- Labor Day Holiday on Monday, September 3
- BOY Math Assessment (Gr 1-2) on Tuesday, September 4-6
- District Math Support (Gr 3-5 Instructional Planning) on Tuesday, September 4 at 4:00 pm **Sign up in Eduphoria. Location TBD**
- Faculty meeting on Wednesday, September 5 **Bring your laptop and TTESS/SLO Materials for workshop time
- Math PLCs on Thursday, September 6
- National Read A Book Day on Thursday, September 6
Coming Up: Book Fair Week 9/10-9/14, Open House on 9/11 at 5:30-7:00 pm
National Read A Book Day
Click the link below to sign up for a time for us to share popcorn with your class!
From Your Captain
(This was on the back-to-school checklist).
Attendance is so important, both staff and student attendance! Look out for attendance incentives coming soon. Remember that student achievement is closely linked with teacher attendance.
Read further on down for important updates to our absence reporting procedures from the district.
- Destination Imagination (Problem-solving, creativity, performance)
- Girl CODE (Social-Emotional lessons with STEM for girls)
- Boys to Men (Mentoring for boys-meet on Wednesdays)
- UIL (Including: Art Smart, Music Memory, Chess, Spelling, Creative Writing/Ready Writing, Dictionary Skills, Maps/Charts/Graphs, Number Sense, Oral Reading, Storytelling)
- Reader's Theater/Drama
- What would you like to get started?
New Absence Reporting Procedures
The big change is that you will no longer report any type of absences in Eduphoria. All absences will be reported through TEAMS only.
You will still be required to put personal business in at least 3 days prior, and substitutes (if needed) are required to be pre-arranged. TEAMS will not release the job to be subbed until it is first approved by Mrs. Logan, so let her know ahead of time that you are putting personal business requests in TEAMS.
Safe Schools Training
To access the SafeSCHOOLS platform, use any of the links provided in this document or type in the URL:
1. Access SafeSCHOOLS: http://wacoisd.tx.safeschools.com/login
2. Username will be: Employee ID# (8-digit)
3. Password: First Initial (Uppercase) + Last Initial (lowercase) + @# + last 4-digits of Employee ID#
4. Required courses will appear on your home screen
5. All course completions will be tracked by WISD Human Resources and the Office of Professional Development.
See document below for more details.