Tulsa Learning Academy 20-21
Online Learning Educational Option
TLA Online 20-21
Tulsa Learning Academy accepts applications throughout the school year for students in grades 6-12. We have helped thousands of high school students get on track and graduate. At TLA Online, students take one class at a time to gain credits. This allows students to have a laser focus and complete credits quicker than a traditional school.
Tulsa Learning Academy is proud to offer a different school experience. Students can learn where they want! While the primary mode of instruction is online, our staff is dedicated to holding students accountable for being successful by providing one on one assistance/tutoring with coursework. We offer students the opportunity to accelerate graduation and/or recover credits and/or enjoy a flexible school experience. We are committed to cultivating relationships with students by focusing on academic success, career exploration, and celebrations.
Students MUST be currently be enrolled in Tulsa Public Schools.
If you are currently enrolled in TVA: Tulsa Virtual School, you must contact them and we must receive an email of approval before your application will be considered for Tulsa Learning Academy. Click HERE to email TVA.
TLA Online Intake Process
- All students must complete the online application.
- All students will be reviewed by a committee before an orientation will be scheduled.
- All students and parents must attend the mandatory orientation scheduled via ZOOM with our counselor.
- All students and parents must agree to attending scheduled coaching sessions with their advisors throughout the year.
Myths About TLA Online
- It is easier than regular school. Although the schedule may be more flexible, being successful on a digital platform takes drive, motivation, and a tremendous amount of family monitoring and support.
- TLA is for “troubled kids”. Tulsa Learning Academy offers a learning environment that is different and self-paced. We have many students who are gifted and yet unsuccessful in traditional schools.
- TLA students do not get socialization. TLA students may participate in their homeschools’ extracurricular activities.
- TLA students will be bored working online all the time.
Who is Right for TLA Online?
¨ Students who have not been successful in traditional schools.
¨ Students who want to accelerate graduation
¨ Students who need to recover credits
¨ Students who may be anxious in a traditional school environment.
¨ Students not experiencing success in other virtual schools
¨ Students with medical issues that prevent them from attending school full-time
¨ Students who feel bullied or unsafe in traditional schools
¨ Homeschool students
TLA Online Goals
Alternative Education programs are specifically tailored to meet the needs of students from all different backgrounds who are not thriving in a traditional school setting.
Furthermore, students who want to accelerate credits or may lack credits can find a home at TLA Online. Students at TLA Online can significantly earn more credits at a faster pace than students in a traditional school.
Teachers are all certified educators who are advocates for all students. They are flexible and open-minded and recognize every student can learn and all students are deserving of a quality education. The environment at Tulsa Learning Academy Online is student-focused and the friendly, productive atmosphere is grounded in mutual respect.