Farmington View eNews
September 28, 2015
Events this Week
Lock-In Drill @ 1:30
Tuesday, September 29
Wednesday, September 30
1:35 Early Release
Thursday, October 1
1:25-1:55 PBIS Assembly
Friday, October 2
8:30-1:30 Ms. Robins class to Magness Tree Farm
Saturday, October 3
10:00-12:00 FVPAE Can/Bottle Drive
Bobcat Booster & Farmington View Parents for Academic Excellence (FVPAE) Information
Box top collection forms will be arriving home soon. Please return Box Tops and Labels for Education by October 23rd. The class who collects the most labels will win a popcorn party.
Please complete the Farmington View Directory opt-in form. By doing so, you will receive a directory for your family and be able to easily connect with families and friends.
Farmington View spirit gear is available for you and your student. Forms to purchase t-shirts and sweatshirts are available in the main office. Sweatshirts are awesome for Outdoor School. Our first order goes our on October 8th.
Support our math program by bringing your cans/bottles by FV this Saturday from 10:00-12:00.
The first SCRIP order is due today. Please mark on the form whether you will be picking it up or would prefer that your child takes it home. Thank you for your support.
If you didn't order a memory book last year, no worries, we have a few extra copies available. They can be purchased in the main office for $20.
Farmginton View Picture Day
Friday, Oct. 2nd, 8am-2pm
- Picture Day ID: FO745199Q0
- Simplify Picture Day by ordering online at mylifetouch.com. No need to send cash or flyer back when you order online
- See more pictures online
- Use credit card or PayPal on our secure site
SBAC Informational Night
Monday, Sep. 28th, 7-8pm
Farmington View Elementary School, Hillsboro, OR, United States
- What is SBAC?
- Farmington View SBAC Scores
- How to Interpret your Student's Scores
- Farmington View's SBAC Assessment Plan
This informational evening is open to all families. I hope to see you there!
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Farmington View Tidbits
- Please remember that the marked parking spot near the service road is reserved for the family who purchased it at our auction.
- Today is our first lock-in drill. In a lock-in drill, all exterior and interior doors are locked and students are kept quiet. A lock-in occurs when the threat is inside the building.
- Hope to see you tonight at my SBAC Informational Meeting
- This year, most of our teachers are using a writing curriculum/strategy developed by Lucy Calkins. Her work is based on Common Core standards and has had proven success. While in classrooms, I'm already seeing more sophisticated writing taking place.
- I want to take a moment to thank all of you who are volunteering at FV or taking on leadership responsibilities with our Boosters and FVPAE. You make a difference!
- Why mindset matters. Please watch the video below.
- ParentVUE is a great way to check in on how your student is doing in class. Click on the link below and give it a try.
- HSD is currently going through an accreditation process. Please take the time to complete the survey below. Each school must have 20% of their families complete the survey and we are not at 20%. It's a great opportunity to have your voice heard.