Campo Verde High School - Class of 2022
May 17th, 2022
Important Dates to Remember
May 22nd - Baccalaureate 3:00 PM -CVHS Auditorium (seniors report to the mini-gym by 2:45 PM in their cap and gown)
May 25th - Grad Night 11:00 PM to 6:30 AM -Main Event
May 26th - Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal 6:45 AM -CVHS Courtyard
May 26th - Graduation Ceremony 7:00 PM CVHS Coyote Stadium (Seniors arrive at 6:15 PM to an assigned classroom)
*If you do not have an English class, stop by the activities office with any graduation questions.
*Please note that Graduation Regalia items WILL NOT be available for pick up or purchase in the Bookstore until after Josten's visit on April 4th.
Senior Declaration Day
Baccalaureate: A Moment Worth Experiencing
Baccalaureate is a tradition that stems from England in the mid-1400s, where graduates from the prestigious Oxford University gathered to reflect upon their educational journey. While it was originally a religious ceremony in the United States, it has evolved into a non-denominational service where graduates can reflect upon their thirteen-year journey in one of their last moments together as a class.
Graduation day itself is a very busy day, full of emotions and events, and attended by family and friends. However, because graduation is often a whirlwind that is over before we even realize it has begun, baccalaureate becomes a time where students can more solemnly experience what it means to be a graduate in an uplifting and personalized ceremony. It is truly a moment in their lives that cannot be recreated, and all graduates are encouraged to attend. During this event, the CVHS Choir and Orchestra will perform.
Campo Verde baccalaureate is on Sunday, May 22nd, at 3 PM in the auditorium. Seniors report to the mini-gym at 2:45 PM in their cap and gowns.
Families and friends may also watch the event using a link posted on our website the day of the event.
Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal
When: Thursday, May 26, 2022
Location: Campo Verde Courtyard
Time: 6:45 AM
NOTE: If you are not at rehearsal and on time, you may NOT participate in the ceremony.
When: Thursday, May 26, 2022
Location: Coyote Stadium
Time: 7:00 PM (Graduates will report to their assigned room no later than 6:15 PM)
*Coyote Stadium will open for guests at 5:30 PM
There is currently NO LIMIT to the number of guests permitted per graduate.
No tickets are required for entry at this time.
Face masks are not required at this time.
Families and friends may watch the ceremony via live stream using a link on the Campo Verde High School website. You may also want to include the website on your grad announcements. https://www.gilbertschools.net/campoverdehigh
THERE WILL BE OVERFLOW PARKING AVAILABLE AT CENTRAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH, LOCATED AT THE CORNER OF GERMANN AND LINDSAY. THERE WILL BE BUSES AVAILABLE TO TRANSPORT GUESTS TO AND FROM OUR CAMPUS.
Appropriate Attire for Graduation
- Gown, Medallion, Cap & Tassel (all are required) may be purchased in the bookstore after April 4th.
- Caps may not be altered in any manner. Bring bobby pins for your cap if necessary.
- Gentlemen – Shirt, slacks, socks, and dress shoes required. No jeans or shorts are permitted.
- Ladies – Dresses or blouse and slacks, and dress shoes required. No jeans or shorts are permitted.
- Students dressed inappropriately will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
- Keep your grades up.
- Attend classes.
- Clear yourself through the Bookstore by making sure all of your DUES and FEES are paid via InTouch.
- Clear yourself in the Library by turning in Chromebook and Textbooks.
- Visit the Athletics and Music Departments to turn in your uniforms, if required.
- Complete all discipline assignments and online classes.
- Participate in the mandatory graduation rehearsal on the morning of May 26, 2022, at 6:45 AM in the courtyard.
- Your immunization record will be in the envelope with your diploma. KEEP this record, don’t throw it away.
- Professional photographs will be taken as you receive your diploma cover, courtesy of GradImages.com.
- Limited accessible seating will also be available on the track. Call Cat Jones at 480-545-3100 ext. 2101 to request special seating.
- Guests will not be allowed on the football field after graduation. However, graduates can meet their friends and family on the west practice field after the ceremony.
- Students with inappropriate objects (balloons, beach balls, signs, noisemakers, etc.) in their possession will have the object confiscated, and/or the student will be removed from the ceremony.
- Students seeking to disrupt the ceremony in any way will be removed by Gilbert Police and Security.
- Students in possession, smelling of/or under the influence of alcohol, drugs, etc., may not participate in the ceremony and will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action in accordance with District policy.
Please note: The Senior Class has requested that no noisemakers be used at their graduation ceremony. Names of fellow students cannot be heard because of noisemakers.
Thank you for supporting their request.
Coyote Excellence Award
The Coyote Excellence Award is given to a senior who embodies Campo Verde’s core beliefs of Community, Values, Honor, and Scholarship. The selected individual will have the honor of giving the Welcome Speech during the 2022 Commencement Ceremony. Forms must be turned into the Activities Office by Friday, April 1st, 2022.
The CVHS Class of 2022 Grad Night Celebration will be at Main Event starting at 11:00 PM on Wednesday, May 25th, and ending Thursday morning at 6:30 AM - just in time to head over to the mandatory graduation rehearsal at 6:45 AM in the courtyard.
Campo Verde graduating seniors have exclusive access to everything Main Event has to offer, including bowling, billiards, ropes course, laser tag, and arcade games. In addition, you can spend some time taking photos with friends in the photo booth, listening to the DJ, and enjoying live entertainment.
Food will be available throughout the night!
There will also be lots of prizes raffled off like bicycles, printers, gift cards, dorm fridges, TVs, and other fun stuff to help launch you into the next phase of your life.
Don't wait to register! CASH or CHECK only, please.
$60 until April 29th
$80 May 1-20
Turn your registration and payment into the CVHS bookstore.
The CVHS Project Graduation boosters sponsor the Grad Night celebration.