C.R.A.P Test for information
Currency, Reliability, Authority and Purpose/Point of view
- How recent is the information?
- How recently has the website been updated
- Is it current enough / recent enough for your topic??
- What kind of information is included?
- Is most of the content mostly someones opinion? Is it balanced (tell both sides?)
- Does the creator or author provide references or sources for data or quotes? (i.e. tell you where they got their information from)
- Who is the creator or author?
- What are their credentials / qualifications?
- Who is the publisher or the sponsor of the website
- Do they have a good reputation?
- What is the publishers interest (if any) in this information?
- Are there advertisements on the website?
Purpose / Point of View
- Is the information fact or opinion?
- Is it biased?
- Is the creator /author trying to sell you something?
Information on the C.R.A.P test and poster from:
- Kenneth Orenic & MOlly Bestrum, Dominican University.
- Mandy Ditzel, Garin College.