Excellence in a Creative Environment for Learning
TENNESSEE EPSO WEEK
We are excited to announce that the fourth annual EPSO Week will be Oct. 21-25, 2019. This year’s theme is EPSOs in CTE (Career & Technical Education). We will be focusing on celebrating EPSO coursework that compliment CTE programs of study and prepare students for their future careers.
The goal of EPSO Week is to increase awareness of, and enrollment in, EPSOs for students across the state. EPSO Week will serve as a platform for schools and districts to highlight opportunities for students to earn college credit/certificates while in high school. Research has shown that students who participate in early postsecondary courses are more likely to enroll and remain in postsecondary.
Early postsecondary opportunities allow students to:
- earn postsecondary credits while in high school;
- become familiar with postsecondary expectations;
- develop confidence and skills for success in postsecondary;
- make informed postsecondary and career decisions; and
- decrease the time and cost of completing a certificate or degree.
Students and staff are encouraged to wear your favorite college shirts all week and use Twitter to share your experiences by using the hashtag #EPSOWeek2019 & tag us at @KCS_DBEXCEL
CELEBRATE EPSO WEEK
Plans for Advisory this week:
- MONDAY: Students will learn about EPSOs and how to be a Ready Graduate
- TUESDAY: Students will learn about the 2 CTE Pathways at DBE
- THURSDAY & FRIDAY: Students will hear from community partners who are invested in our pathways and learn about the opportunities they provide for our students.