Tusculum View Tiger Talk
News for the week of September 13, 2021
Tusculum View Mission Statement
Tusculum View has a heart for ALL kids by providing engaging opportunities to achieve excellence.
Good Afternoon Tiger Families,
I hope everyone had a good weekend. We are looking forward to another great week of learning and fun for kids!
As COVID numbers rise, we have students in quarantine. Your student's teacher will be in communication as to keeping up with instruction and assignments. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions.
Hope everyone has a great week and stay well!,
Open House will be this Thursday, September 16th, at 6 pm. Please join us to see your student's school and meet teachers. We ask that you come in the building, visit classrooms, and exit the building. We would prefer you not congregate and visit with other families in the school.
PowerSchool Parent Portal Sign Up
For those with students who ride the bus to the Boys and Girls club, please do not pick them up straight off the bus. Students need to go in the B&G club and you need to go in and check them out. We cannot have students getting off the bus and going straight to a vehicle. Student safety is of utmost importance.
- All students eat breakfast and lunch free this school year. If you would like for your child to eat breakfast please arrive by 7:45 in order to allow time for them to eat as class begins at 8 am.
- When dropping students off at side parking lot in the mornings, please DO NOT turn LEFT out of the parking lot. Right turns only during drop off and dismissal.
- Please DO NOT get out of your car in car line to help your student get out of or in to the car. If you need to do this, please pull over in to a parking space.
- Computer protection plan for ALL grades - $30. The protection plan is very beneficial if your student incurs damage to their device. It is very costly to repair them without the protection plan.
- Our Open House for families will be September 16th at 6 pm.
Walk-A-Thon is this Friday!!
Our walk-a-thon will be held this Friday, September 17th in our front circle. Make sure your student wears comfortable walking shoes and clothes appropriate for walking outside.
Please continue collecting pledges and donations until Friday. This is one of our biggest fundraisers of the year which allows GSIA to purchase items for our school and support students. Our school goal is to raise $14, 000. If we raise this much, I WILL KISS A PIG!! yes, a real pig! If we raise at least $10,000, I will eat a bug! Prizes will be given to students who walk the most laps and also raise the most money.
We will not be able to allow parents to attend walk-a-thon again this year due to COVID.
If you have questions about bus pick up or drop off times or need to add bus transportation, please reach out to Kristen Rollins at 423.787.8003. If you are changing your mode of transportation that you selected during registration, even if for just one day, you will need to submit this in writing to Mrs. Mary before it can be changed.
We cannot accept a phone call to change to/from riding the bus, walking, or pick up. Thank you for your help in this matter. Safety of our students and getting them home to you is our top priority!
Please remember that we will not be able to allow vehicles to begin lining up in our parking lots or the side roads until 2:55 pm for afternoon student pickup.
Please do not block the roads waiting for pick up before 2:55 pm. GPD traffic officers will be on patrol.
There are many questions about symptoms regarding COVID and whether to send students to school or have them tested. Please see the chart below to help determine what you should do if your child has symptoms. High risk symptoms are in red, low risk in bold black.
You can also learn more about our COVID protocols by visiting the following link:
PLEASE LET NURSE SALLY KNOW IF YOU TEST YOUR STUDENT FOR COVID>
If your child misses a day a school, per policy you must submit written documentation to the school office within two days of the child returning to school. You are allowed three parent notes per semester.
- Several ways to submit your written documentation
- Send written parent note, doctor, dentist, or therapy note with your child to school. Your child will give the written note to their teacher and it will be sent down to the school office.
- Email your excuse to Mrs. Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the Online Absentee Reporting. This is found on Tusculum View Website at the top click Report Absence. Remember to give the reason why your child was absent from school.
Please refer to the guidelines below for new Truancy laws and procedures from the state of TN.
If you have had a change in address, phone numbers, or emergency contacts, please contact the school at 423.639.2751 ASAP to get your information updated.
GET YOUR TIGER SWAG!
Visit our school store to get Tiger apparel to show your school spirit and Tiger Pride! You may purchase and pay on our site. Merchandise will be sent home with your student when it arrives.