Monte the Tiger's Weekly Update
News from Buena Vista Montessori ~ February 11, 2022
Intent to Return Survey - Deadline Extended
Please respond by February 18th to secure your currently enrolled child’s/children’s spot(s) for next year!
We are so glad you are a part of the Buena Vista community! Due to changes to the enrollment process for the 22/23 school year, we are needing to get an accurate count of who will be returning next year before the district's Choice Window closes on February 15th.
In addition, it is important that Ms. Alison, as your registrar, knows as soon as possible where current 5th graders and any child not returning to BV will be attending school next year. If you are unsure of your plans for next year please respond that you ARE returning and let Ms. Alison (email@example.com) know as soon as possible if your plans will be taking you away from Buena Vista.
No matter what your plans are, please fill out the short survey at this link: https://forms.office.com/r/E8bCd1mSG8.
Friday, February 11th
- Spirit Gear Store opens
Tuesday, February 15th
- PTA Meeting ~ 2:30pm ~ Big Playground
Monday, February 21st
- Presidents' Day ~ No School
Thursday, February 24th
- Spirit Gear Store closes
Monday, February 28th
- PTA Mod Pizza Fundraiser
Thursday, March 3rd
- High Trails Info Night for Upper El and 3rd Graders
Monday, March 14th
- Deadline to Order the 2021/2022 Yearbook
Montessori Moment - PE and Counseling
School Highlight - Our Counseling Team
News from Your PTA
Your PTA Needs YOU!
The PTA is looking for three volunteers to serve Buena Vista on the PTA board starting in July. There are two positions for Co-President and one position for Secretary. The term for the new board members is for the next two years. Our current treasurer will still be on the board next year. If you are interested in running please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more – we would love to have you join us!
It's Spirit Gear Season!
February PTA Meeting
Tuesday, Feb. 15th, 2:30pm
924 West Pikes Peak Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO
Mod Pizza Fundraiser
Monday, Feb. 28th, 10am-10pm
4465 Venetucci Boulevard
Colorado Springs, CO
Easy Ways to Help Out the BV PTA
Sign up to support the BV PTA through AmazonSmile.
- You can select Buena Vista Montessori PTA as your charity recipient when you shop online at amazonsmile.com.
- AmazonSmile is also now available in the app on your Apple or Android devices. You can set this up in the app under "Settings">"Programs & Features".
- If you shop for girts on Amazon, this is an easy way for you to support our students and school.
- Be sure to ask your friends and family to select BV on AmazonSmile, as well.
You can earn money for BV PTA just by using your Loyalty Card when shopping at King Soopers.
To enroll your Loyalty Card with BV:
- Log on to www.kingsoopers.com/communityrewards and click "Enroll Now" to sign in to your account. If you have never used your Loyalty Card online before you will have to create an account. You will need an e-mail and your Loyalty Card number or your alternate ID (often your phone#).
- Find Buena Vista Montessori School (programs are listed alphabetically) or use our Code: UQ795 as the program you want to support!
- You are DONE! THAT'S IT! Now whenever you shop you are earning BV PTA money!
- This program is a big "Free Money" maker that helps to fund many great BV and PTA events and equipment.
News from the School Accountability Committee
What is the School Accountability Committee (SAC)?
SAC Chair Position Opening
"A chair will be elected from the SAC membership. A vice chair or co-chair and secretary may also be elected. The term of office will be one or two years, and may be renewed at the discretion of the SAC. The chair, co-chair, and/or vice chair should be a parent/guardian elected from the parent/guardian representatives on the SAC. Officers will be elected by the majority of the membership present at the last meeting of the existing school year or at the first meeting of the next school year but no later than September 1 of each year.
The Chair will preside at all meetings, appoint subcommittee chairs as needed and, in general, conduct the business of the committee. The Chair or Secretary (if elected) will take minutes of the meetings, record attendance and provide a written copy for the records. The Chair will also ensure that the school community has been notified and has the opportunity to participate in DAC/SAC/Parent/Guardian work sessions and conferences sponsored by the District DAC."
If you have a heart for BV and feel that you would like to chair the SAC at Buena Vista, please reach out to Ms. Karen B. (email@example.com).
News from the Health Room
Buena Vista Immunization Information
The information found at this link, is from the Colorado Department of Health regarding vaccinations that are required for students. You will be notified by the school nurse if there are any outstanding immunizations or exemptions that your child requires. There is also information regarding current vaccination rates at Buena Vista. If you have any additional questions please contact your school nurse, Katie Bots, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My Child is Not Feeling Well. Now What?
The list below refers only to new symptom or a change in usual symptoms. A student should not be kept home for usual symptoms they experience due to a chronic condition unless they are worse than usual. These guidelines are in additional to your regular school guidance (for example, a student with vomiting symptoms should also not attend school based on usual school guidance).
If you student is experiencing any potentially life-threatening symptoms, please call 911.
If any of the following symptoms are present, keep the child at home / stay at home. Inform Ms. Karen B. in the office via phone call (719-328-4100) or email email@example.com.
- Feeling feverish, having chills, or temperature of 100.4F or higher.
- New or unexplained persistent cough.
- Shortness of breath.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Loss of taste or smell.
- Muscle aches.
- Sore throat.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Runny nose or congestion.
COVID Protocol Updates
- For students of any age, and staff riding D11 buses for any purpose (e.g., to and from school, activities, field trips, etc.), in alignment with the Federal mandate, face coverings on all D11 buses are required.
- For students ages 11 and under, in alignment with local and state guidance, face coverings are not required, but still recommended (as of Monday, December 13th) while learning indoors.
- For students/staff ages 12 and over, in alignment with local and state guidance, face coverings are not required, but still recommended (as of Monday, December 13th) for anyone who is 12+ years regardless of vaccination status.
- We will continue with our diligent handwashing and sanitizing efforts throughout the school day. Including, but not limited to; after recess, before and after lunch, before and after specials, etc.
- Our children and staff will continue to clean and sanitize the classrooms daily. Our custodial staff will clean and sanitize the building and playgrounds daily, as well.
- The current guidelines indicate a three-foot space between each person. We will do our best to honor that guideline throughout the school day. However, due to the structure of our learning community, the social distancing is not always possible.
For additional resources and information from the State and local health agencies, please visit the following link:
Updated Return to Learn