K-12 ITV Training for Teachers
Teaching Learning and Collaborating via GenNET ITV
- 4-Day training session designed for teachers to learn how to: collaborate on projects with other teachers participate in virtual learning experiences with experts , virtual field trips and instruct in a distance learning classroom using two-way interactive television (ITV)
- Open to all K-12 interested in obtaining training utilizing the GenNET ITV Equipment for teaching, collaborating or creating special events across GenNET
- New GenNET ITV HS Teachers for fall 2016 are required to attend.
When and Where?
- Monday - August 15 (Equipment usage, practical collaborative teaching, virtual learning options around the county, the state, the country, the world!)
- Tuesday - August 16 (Learning from colleagues, creating collaborative projects using ITV)
- Wednesday - August 17 (Teaching and learning via ITV)
- Thursday - August 18 (Putting it all together, participation in virtual field trips across the country)
Teachers are eligible for up to 24 hours of SCECH Credit (6-each-day) High School GenNET ITV Teachers are required to attend all four sessions.
All sessions will be held in Room 102A/B at:
The Genesee ISD - Davis Education Center
2413 W. Maple Ave.
Flint, MI 48507
Training will include:
- ITV Equipment Operation
- Class materials used, transition ideas and development of teaching persona
- Tips and tricks for teaching at a distance
- Integration of learning management system tools with ITV Teaching
- Transitioning from traditional classroom procedures and lessons and adapting to a two-way interactive environment
- Hundreds of opportunities during the school year for collaborating with schools across Genesee County, The United States, and the world, virutal field trips, special events created by classroom teachers for others and more!
- FREE - GenNET Member Districts
- $200 for FANET Member Higher Education Institutions
- $550 for Non-GenNET Member Districts
- A 30-minute lunch break is included, however lunch is "on your own"
- Participation does not include lunch, however morning and afternoon snacks will be provided.
- Maximum 20 participants
- Range of 6-20 hours of SCECH Credit available.